How will Win7 Run on my laptop?

coder_t2

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, how will win7 run on my laptop in my sig. I currently have XP MCE on it. I am planning on the getting the Digital River student pricing, while it's available. But I plan on building a new computer in a year or so, and will transfer the Win7 from my laptop onto it, and go back to XP MCE. Figured since I will be buying it, might as well use it in the meantime.

I went from XP to 7 on a 3200+ with 3GB of ram and it felt snappier than Vista for sure. But it still felt heavy for a lot of tasks. I think you should image your XP install in case you wish you didn't wipe it.

Worth a try though.

If you can bump it up to at least 2GB memory. I have a similar Dell Lappy with 2GB and it runs great with 32bit Win7.

If you can bump it up to at least 2GB memory. I have a similar Dell Lappy with 2GB and it runs great with 32bit Win7.

Yeah, I was going to suggest adding another gig of memory as well. Windows 7 runs great on my desktop, which is a single core Athlon (see sig), but I have 2GB of RAM and that definitely helps. Still, it should run fine on that laptop, but you should see an added improvement with some additional memory.

Windows 7 runs good on my son's netbook with the Atom N270 and 1GB of RAM, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Windows 7 runs fine on my Latitude C840 with a 2.0 P4m and 1GB of RAM. As long as you're not running anything else that's memory intensive, it should be okay. That said, more does make for a nicer experience.

Awesome. Thats what I was hoping to hear. I probably won't upgrade the memory, since I also might be replacing this thing in a year. I don't do anything intensive. Just web browsing mostly, and itunes.

I ran win7 on my netbook with 1 gb of memory without any issues. The only trouble you might have is drivers (and most people are having pretty good luck). As long as you can get at least 1GB (prefferably 2GB) and its got compatible drivers you shouldn't have any worries.

Back