How will this do for 2500k and how to properly attach the fan to heatsink

HiCZoK

Gawd
Hi guys. couple of month ago I got this (silentiumpc spartan- kinda of a new brand becoming more popular in Poland) for about 30usd.

I was using it for my old e6300 but it was causing plenty of vibration.. maybe due to bad thermal grease, I am not sure.

here it is:
AoVpU.jpg

It came with this fan installed on this rubber... "feet". I think this mounting is rather terrible.
How to install this fan in any better way?
eZ3qI.jpg

I also have other the same fan but's 3pin. Could I still use it on that heatsink on it's other side? (I have 4 additional of those rubber mounting feet, So it can be mounted at least this way.

My p67 asrock pro3 board have 2 cpu 4pin connectors for cpu cooling. What would happen if I would connect that 3pin fan there ?

Last edited:
Zipties work wonders for mounting fans. Put one straight through both fans and the heatsink and use the head cut off a second ziptie to lock the first in place. Repeat for each hole.

If the fans are exactly the same (just different plugs) they should be OK in push-pull, and your 4 pin headers should power a 3 pin fan as well, maybe no speed control though depending on your board.

You'll want to keep speed/flow of both fans synced together as well as possible, if they are not fairly well synced together it loses effectiveness.
Easy if you are going to run them at a set speed, for example max speed (or if they had the same control type, PWM or voltage). More involved, and maybe not possible with mixed types if you want them to throttle up and down in sync as well, depends on the specific fan features of your mobo and your amount of patience.

My p67 asrock pro3 board have 2 cpu 4pin connectors for cpu cooling. What would happen if I would connect that 3pin fan there ?

I have the same motherboard, you have 2 CPU fan connectors, one is with 4 pin (PWM), the other is a 3 pin header.

I'm using both of them, the second (3 pin) is linked with the 4 pin PWM header and it's CPU temperature dependent.

Just set in the BIOS the CPU fan target level to a lower level and set a lower temperature target.
Mine is set to level 3 and 35*C, the fans are running at low speed till 35*C, then their speed starts to increase gradually. The result is low noise at idle and during heavy load the fans are ramping up accordingly. ;)

Thanks!
That is usefull info.
So afterall I did bought a good motherboard for the money ?

Back