how will non-hd stuff appear on full hd 22 incher ?

ziz54

Limp Gawd
thats the thing worrying me from buying anew full hd monitor ...

will it be like the hdtv when its on a non hd channel fuzzy and not crisp ??

If you're talking about standard definition stuff upscaling, then yes it'll happen. Videos don't magically gain pixels when we play them on higher resolution screens. ;)

Your SD still will look blocky..at least it does to me. :|

fwiw, HD only really denotes resolution...so...yeah you can just refer to the monitor as being a 22" monitor. we will pretty much all assume the native resolution is 1680×1050.

well i was thinking about a 22 incher with a 1920x1080 resolution ( ialways thought they had 1680X1050 ?!).

so youre basically saying the videos will be affected other than that it will be fine ?

There are a few <24" monitors with 1920×1080 resolutions, so most people assume 1680×1050. In this case, it doesn't really matter, as both resolutions are well above standard definition material.

As for your second line... more or less, your system won't have a problem playing standard definition videos, you might. :p

iv always had complaints how im so nitpicky about quality of stuff and how im so detail-ish :p ( i produce music and i need to have best sounds ..)

the question remains
SD better on : hd4870+22" full hd > x1300+old 17" ??

What "standard definition" material will you display on your screens? Also, how are you describing standard definition? Anything below 720p? Depending on what you use your monitors for, it might have a different effect.

In this day and age, I would go with an LCD, regardless. I would only use a CRT for very specific applications.

Back