How will 4x512MB Corsair xms3200 dimms effect perf./OC on Opty 170 / K8N Neo2 Plat?

XeeN

Limp Gawd
I have 2x512 XMS3200 and 2x512 XMS 3200C2 dimms.

I'm probably going with a MSI K8N Neo2 Plat and an Opteron 170.

I know everyone's getting great overclocks and performance and such, but a lot of people don't have 4 dimms and have 2 high speed 1gb dimms.

I'm not going to replace my ram, since if I do that I'm going to go with a full upgrade to PCI-E and so I need this setup to run VERY WELL with my ram.

I know there are issues like having to run 2T or whatever, but I really need to know what I'm going to run into if you guys know of anything to warn me about.

I was able to oc this ram on my P4 system fairly well... a little voltage and I was up around the 225-235 lvl (my proc was at 250fsb easy and I don't remember if my divider was 1:1 or less).

What do you guys think?

The only problem I have (ive basically got the same ram and mb you have, minus the opteron) is that I have to run at 2T timings, but thats all.

wee96 said:
The only problem I have (ive basically got the same ram and mb you have, minus the opteron) is that I have to run at 2T timings, but thats all.
What's that do to you?

And how does lowering your cas times really effect your performance in apps and games... I mean, I'm sure that you may shave off seconds in load times and stuff but as long as it's freaking smooth and good once in-game or once I'm working in apps then I'm happy..

What do you think about yours?

Back