How well is your new E6X50 Overclocking...

RossY

Weaksauce
I just built my first rig yesterday. I am currently using an e6750/Tuniq coupled with an IP35 Pro. Since i'm new to the whole overclocking thing i have been taking things slowly but i have yet to be disappointed with how well these new chips overclock and how cool they stay.

I have gotten it to (475x7) = 3325MHz orthos stable on stock volts with a max temp of 42 degrees, which speaks well for the processor as well as the motherboard. Before i left for work i got it up to 3.5 at stock volts but i don't know how stable it is. I will test more throughout this week and post updates/pics.

I am curious to see how well everyone elses are overclocking as well.

So far mines @ 3.2 GHZ. Just froma fsb bump. Have not tweaked it yet to see what it can do.

I just built my first rig yesterday. I am currently using an e6750/Tuniq coupled with an IP35 Pro. Since i'm new to the whole overclocking thing i have been taking things slowly but i have yet to be disappointed with how well these new chips overclock and how cool they stay.

I have gotten it to (475x7) = 3325MHz orthos stable on stock volts with a max temp of 42 degrees, which speaks well for the processor as well as the motherboard. Before i left for work i got it up to 3.5 at stock volts but i don't know how stable it is. I will test more throughout this week and post updates/pics.

I am curious to see how well everyone elses are overclocking as well.

what kinda ram are you using cuz i'm plannig to do the same thing.

Screen shots please, a pic is worth a thousand words, besides that, I can't read...........:eek:

675032jx1.jpg

More later.

I'm still working on my E6750. Just got it yesterday.

Right off the bat it did 3.2GHz, no sweat.

Getting to 3.4GHz took a bit more work. I needed to start moving voltages up to 1.375 to finally reach stability. (10 hours of Orthos).

I'm trying to go faster, and am still working on finding out how much voltage I'm going to need.

I was at 3.8 475x8 with vcore at 1.53 last night. I started orthos while i was up and about. I checked an hour later and it was still running w/ temps at around 55c. I went to bed and a T-Storm shut our electric off so i don't know if it got turned off due to electric going out or instabiltiy. I'm blaming the T-Storm right now.:D

I'm hoping to go w/higher fsb speeds and a lower multi...maybe 500ish X7 or so. Has anyone gotten to about those settings?

My e6850 is doing 3500 just fine with only FSB increase.

Have not run Orthos yet but took 2 days vacation and it ran BF2, BF2142, Vanguard, ect about 8-10 continous hours yesterday and temps never rose beyond 47c

My e6850 is doing 3500 just fine with only FSB increase.

Have not run Orthos yet but took 2 days vacation and it ran BF2, BF2142, Vanguard, ect about 8-10 continous hours yesterday and temps never rose beyond 47c

still does not mean its stable. you should run orthos / prime 95 stres tests ;)

e6750-at-3520.png

This is what I've gotten so far today. Only been an hour, so can't be sure if it's stable yet. This is 8x440, 3.52GHz with 1.45 volts (BIOS). And only using a CM Hyper TX to cool the CPU, so the temps are warmer than I like (based on my suspicion that temps readings are 15C too low) . So I don't think I'd use this as my 24/7 OC even if it seems stable.

I might have to go back to the 8x425, 3.4GHz OC for everyday use because it required only a small volt increase of 1.375, so temps were much better.

Ill run it tonight..

Orthos I have and have used before, Prime95 I have never Used. Should I run them overnight? Worst thing that could happen is my PC crash correct?

Ill run it tonight..

Orthos I have and have used before, Prime95 I have never Used. Should I run them overnight? Worst thing that could happen is my PC crash correct?

Orthos is just a front end for the Prime95 torture tests.

Yeah, run it over night. If there is the an error the program stops. Which inturn releaves the load from the cpu. No load, means the cpu temp will go back down to its idle temp, instead of the full load temp. Which is good.

Ok, please excuse me for sounding new, but I am, this is my first experience overclocking.

"Orthos is just a front end for the Prime95 torture tests"

Does this mean that Orthos is just the visible part of the stress tests and I need to run them both at the same time. Or does it mean that Orthos contains Prime95 and if I run 2 instances of Orthos for my dual core chip Im good?

Ok, please excuse me for sounding new, but I am, this is my first experience overclocking.

"Orthos is just a front end for the Prime95 torture tests"

Does this mean that Orthos is just the visible part of the stress tests and I need to run them both at the same time. Or does it mean that Orthos contains Prime95 and if I run 2 instances of Orthos for my dual core chip Im good?

One instance of Orthos for a dual core. It will run them both wide open.

Very nice. It boggles me how they get such high overclocks with only 1.2 volts. Why don't I ever get CPUs like that? I'm pushing 1.408 (in CPU-Z, 1.475 in BIOS) just to get my E6750 to 3.6GHz.

Why is the (above) E6850 wortless explain please?

I run 3,51 GHz with my E6600 at CPU VCore Voltage [1.4500 V]

I wouldn't be afraid for a little extra voltage I had it much and much higher without a swet.

When I OC I first push the Voltage and than lower it till stable.

So consider [1.475 V] not as a shame at all.

I think I also had around 1,47 when running 3,6 for a while with the E6600.

Can you do a 1M SUPER PI test for me please and post it here?

http://www.xtremesystems.com/pi/

Here is mine running 3,51 GHz

OC_1M_145s_352GHz-E660025July2007.jpg

TnX a lot!

Suggestion: Look at the other Voltages from the NB SB.

Maybe you can gain Voltage in the system and lower the Vcore?

Maybe this can help?

BIOS SETTINGS E6600 PB5-DL WIFI Edition

Frequency: 3.516 GHz
FSB Speed: 1556 MHz
Cache L1 32 KB
Cache L2 4096 KB
Ratio Status Unlocked (Max: 09, min:06)
Ratio Actual Value: 9
CPUID: 6F6

DRA freq [DDR2-1167 MHz]
Memory Voltage [2.30 V]
CPU VCore Voltage [1.4500 V]
FSB Terminator Voltage [1.450 V]
NB VCORE [1.45V]
SB VCore (Sata,DCIE) [AUTO]
ICH Chipset Voltage [AUTO]

This was my 1M Super PI running 3,6 GHz

E6600-P5B-DL-400x9_3600_PI19-02-200.jpg

Multiplier max. differences:

E6600 - 9
E6700 - 10
X6800 - unlocked (12 or even higher 11 is standard)
E6750 - 8
E6850 - 9

Do i really have to explain why.Nothing against you.A engineering sample cpu always is nothing like retail box.So posting that es sample so wide eyed noobies think there going to obtain uber clocks,is unreal.Most retail box E6850 cant even to 3.9ghz stable.:eek:

I run 3,51 GHz with my E6600 at CPU VCore Voltage [1.4500 V]

I wouldn't be afraid for a little extra voltage I had it much and much higher without a swet.

When I OC I first push the Voltage and than lower it till stable.

So consider [1.475 V] not as a shame at all.

I think I also had around 1,47 when running 3,6 for a while with the E6600.
I overclock similarly. First I pick the OC i want, which as of now is 3.7ish and then crank the volts up so i know it will be stable. Then lower/run orthos...if stable I repeat until instabillity occurs. Here is where i am at right now. Forgot to include vcore/temps
As of now vcore is at 1.48(cpu-z way off), temps not going above 52c.

orthospk0.jpg

Do i really have to explain why.Nothing against you.A engineering sample cpu always is nothing like retail box.So posting that es sample so wide eyed noobies think there going to obtain uber clocks,is unreal.Most retail box E6850 cant even to 3.9ghz stable.:eek:

I cheked it but it seems like a real tweaker but "engineering sample" don't know?

It was done with normal aircooling.

setup.jpg

I know you guys can't read dutch (some pics) but here's where I got the info.

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1235084

DISCLAIMER:This is not quarantined but your right that not everyone can achieve this cause you have to also be lucky with your CPU buy.

This guy tweaks for the highest score not the stable ones but this one I am not sure cause he just started.

He's not finished yet so maybe he's gonna use the special cooling to crank it up and find the real CPU - Mobo -Ram limits.

Very interesting.

Ok, I ran Orthos on my system but at 3.5 I couldnt make it more then 15-20min without an error, tried 3 times. I dropped it down to 3.4 and Orthos ran all night so that is where Im going to leave it. This is run on air with a Freezer Pro 7 cooler, memory is at 4-4-4-12, 2.1v only CPU setting change was FSB

Ill gladly accept any constructive comments. I read the Overclocking guide on this site and that is how I went from no clue as to how to overclock to where I am now.

Where would I find the stress.txt file that Orthos refered too when there was an error. I would like to know if it was my CPU or memory that caused it. I looked in both the Orthos folder and used the find function of windows but nothing came up

OrthosTemp.jpg

CPU-Z.jpg

I do have a few questions. I realize this is not the overclocking section but this is where the conversation is along with my sereenshots. Now please keep in mind that Im learning here and trying to understand this stuff and make sure I do it right.

In BIOS I only adjusted my memory timings and left the subtimings on auto. My "Refresh to ACT Delay" was changed from a default of 42 to a present setting of 0, Is this normal?

My memory Freq was changed from 800 to 907 after I changed my timings and upped voltage to 2.1v, I assume this is normal since it is running faster but just wanted to double check.

In the Overclocking guide there is this comment: "PCI Clock Synchronization - Use 33.33 MHz here. Again, if you leave the setting on auto, the PCI clock will creep up proportionally with your FSB which can damage components such as SATA hard drives."

I could not find this setting.. should I not worry about it then?

I overclock similarly. First I pick the OC i want, which as of now is 3.7ish and then crank the volts up so i know it will be stable. Then lower/run orthos...if stable I repeat until instabillity occurs. Here is where i am at right now. Forgot to include vcore/temps
As of now vcore is at 1.48(cpu-z way off), temps not going above 52c.

orthospk0.jpg

can i ask what cooling you have?

Ok, I ran Orthos on my system but at 3.5 I couldnt make it more then 15-20min without an error, tried 3 times. I dropped it down to 3.4 and Orthos ran all night so that is where Im going to leave it. This is run on air with a Freezer Pro 7 cooler, memory is at 4-4-4-12, 2.1v only CPU setting change was FSB

Ill gladly accept any constructive comments. I read the Overclocking guide on this site and that is how I went from no clue as to how to overclock to where I am now.

Tsonka if i were you i would lower your cpu multi to 8 or even 7 and raise your fsb. If you raise your fsb to 425 and lower your multi to 8 then you will be at 3.4GHz and you will get better performance that way.

Heck, I imagine you should be able to get 450x8=3600 as long as you have some good ram. I'm at 465x8 with all stock voltages except vcore and you have a p35 board that is known to get decent fsb overclocks so i think you should try that.

Rinthe: I am using a Tuniq Tower. Its the best bang for the buck IMO since it comes with a 120mm fan unlike the ultra 120.

Back