How [W]rong Is This? ZOTAC ZONE GT710PCI-E x1 GPU

There are lots of OEM machines that only have a 1x expansion slot. If your options are this or a USB graphics 'card' to add support for a better/extra/whatever monitor which would you prefer?

It serves a purpose, it's just not for the type of people who post here.

Viper GTS

nothing wrong with it, those cards are truly piece of shit only good for basic desktop stuff where no graphic power is really demanded, video playback and such things, good enough for basic enterprises machines/servers or for people that doesn't have any integrated graphics..

nothing wrong with it, those cards are truly piece of shit only good for basic desktop stuff where no graphic power is really demanded, video playback and such things, good enough for basic enterprises machines/servers or for people that doesn't have any integrated graphics..

As I said when I kicked off the thread, I can see passive cooling and x16; I can even see GT730 in such a configuration (not just basic/office computing, but HTPC/SFF) - it's the x1 configuration that struck me as [W]rong - especially given there are iGPUs (Intel's HD4400 in particular) that can put the hurt on anything like GT in x1. My issue with x1 is way too little bandwidth - not GT730 in and of itself.

As I said when I kicked off the thread, I can see passive cooling and x16; I can even see GT730 in such a configuration (not just basic/office computing, but HTPC/SFF) - it's the x1 configuration that struck me as [W]rong - especially given there are iGPUs (Intel's HD4400 in particular) that can put the hurt on anything like GT in x1. My issue with x1 is way too little bandwidth - not GT730 in and of itself.

I see and understand your point. however I have to say that, x1 Is way more than enough bandwidth for the power of a GT710 (710 its the card you have linked not 730).. I think even X4 is more than enough for bigger GT730 or 740.. x8 is overkill for 750/750TI and go on. At this point in the market we are barely starting to see any difference in PCI-E 3.0 x8 or X16 with overclocked monsters 980TI/TitanX/FuryX but nothing else..

I dunno, I had lots of cards in PCI-E 1x slots for folding. They seemed to work just fine. For something that slow that won't be gaming anyway I bet it works perfectly. Honestly it might be nice to have something like that for testing purposes.

I At this point in the market we are barely starting to see any difference in PCI-E 3.0 x8 or X16 with overclocked monsters 980TI/TitanX/FuryX but nothing else..
Pretty much this. Even now I'd say that most people wouldn't be able to notice the difference in performance with mid+ range graphics cards at x4 vs x16 at PCIE 3.0 speeds. A barely IGP level discrete card with an x1 slot might be the antithesis of [H], but not exactly so wrong its worth getting worked up about. Its for a niche audience anyway.

These are for systems that need to drive a bunch of monitors more than anything. The Geforce 710 is so slow it's not like it needs the bandwidth anyway.

Back