How to Use StarCraft to Campaign for President in South Korea

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by cageymaru, Apr 20, 2017.

1. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

Presidential candidate Moon Jae-in of South Korea has released two Star Craft: Brood War maps with his name spelled out in the mineral deposits as a way to appeal to the younger generation. He campaign is legitimate as he was interviewed by Time Magazine. Will we see Japanese candidates in the future distributing Super Mario Maker levels?

My money is on Moon Jae-in for president! I'm joking of course about the endorsement as this sounds like the worst idea of all time. Grab StarCraft for free direct from from Blizzard and start your future campaign!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Master_shake_

Master_shake_ 2[H]4U

i want him to win sooooo bad.

cageymaru likes this.
  3. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

Ha ha!

4. Reimu

Reimu [H]ard|Gawd

That guy? He's into appeasing North Korea.

alxnet7227 and cageymaru like this.
  5. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

My "endorsement" was completely in jest. :) If a candidate uses a video game to promote himself and people vote him into the presidency, then they are complete fools. :) :)

Thought about it for a second... Maybe I should edit the post to say that.

Reimu likes this.
  6. Reimu

Reimu [H]ard|Gawd

What a crazy world we live in.

cageymaru likes this.
  7. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

Fixed the front page. Thx!

8. kju1

kju1 [H]ard|Gawd

How is this a stupid idea? This really isnt any different than placing a cardboard sign out in a yard that says "Vote cageymaru!". Its actually a good thing imo. He realises he needs support from the younger generation and hes trying to find a way to get their attention. Given the coverage it may just work.

EDIT: I know nothing about the candidate himself, nor do I care to. But now I do because of his maps...genius? ;) I am not in any way endorsing his candidacy.

Friday21 and cageymaru like this.
  9. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

10. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

Well I see your point BUT... I wouldn't vote for a guy that used a video game as a way to attract voters. It would make me reject him as a candidate. What's next? Next presidential race we have candidates with a custom Minecraft avatar to help get the vote out?

And before you think that I'm anti-gaming, my first machine was a Pong machine and I've pretty much owned most consoles until I got bitten by the PC building bug. I'm already compiling a list of emulators for my nursing home retro gaming machine. :)

11. kju1

kju1 [H]ard|Gawd

We have a very different culture here than they do there. Isn't Star Craft their national sport or a religious icon? ;)

I probably wouldn't vote for him either but that's probably because I hate all politicians and anyone that intrudes upon my life in any manner gets voted out or doesnt get in.

12. Prisoner849

Prisoner849 Limp Gawd

I'm living in Korea and no, it isn't what it was. Now its LoL and Overwatch but Koreans are indeed....avid gamers.

Anyhow, they are custom maps, so they aren't forced on anyone and I think it's fine, if not actually good. If it reminds people to vote - even if not for him - then great.

Edit: Typo remains in the write-up: "He campaign is legitimate..."

JackNSally likes this.