How to upgrade Home Premium x64 to Ultimate x64 ??

pappo46

n00b
I am buying a new PC that comes with Win7 Home Premium x64. I have Ultimate on another PC, with the legal CD. I am not using that PC any longer when my new PC arrives so there will not be identical keys on the web.

How can I upgrade my new PC to Ultimate using the CD that I already own, but keep all the data on the disk that comes with my new PC ? Or should I just do a full install of Ultimate on the new PC ?

Thanks

I am buying a new PC that comes with Win7 Home Premium x64. I have Ultimate on another PC, with the legal CD. I am not using that PC any longer when my new PC arrives so there will not be identical keys on the web.

How can I upgrade my new PC to Ultimate using the CD that I already own, but keep all the data on the disk that comes with my new PC ? Or should I just do a full install of Ultimate on the new PC ?

Thanks
If the new PC is an OEM system that is pre-loaded with software that you want to keep, all you need to do is insert the Ultimate product key into Windows Anytime Upgrade. Type in Windows Anytime Upgrade into the search box on Start. If that doesn't work, just insert your Ultimate disc in and it will prompt you to upgrade.

Back