How to turn on/shut down a pc from distance (and wirelessly) ?

Stardusted

Limp Gawd
I need to be able to power on three different pcs remotely, without any cables getting in the way. Is there any way I could do that?

I tried to use my nokia N97 and wake-over-lan features, but my pcs use wireless connections and it can't really work that way.

Isn't there any wireless keyboard or even better remote control that I could use to power on the pcs? I mean, not one to use for all of them, individually.

I have been searching for days but couldn't find anything that seems to actually work.

Any help please :/

the only way i think would work is a bluetooth keyboard with 3 bluetooth receivers on each computer then setup the keyboard so its connected to all 3 receivers(not totally sure this is even possible but would cool if it was) then just have the systems go into sleep mode and wake them with the keyboard..

just an idea not sure if it will actually work though..

Actually I want to turn each pc on with it's own set of keyboard/remote/whatever. So the multiple part of your suggestion is not needed (not that it would be bad to work, but not a requirement).

Now, for one pc, would a bluetooth keyboard work ? Because I have an mx3200 wireless logitech keyboard (I know, not bluetooth) and it surely does not work.

I think you'd need to first set the jumper on your motherboard to always supply the +5VSB.

Many boards, even budget ones like mine, have it. It's typically called the USB wake up feature or something along those lines. You need it set so any wireless dongles attached will continue to have power even when the PC is powered down.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that'd be enough to allow you to set the bios to turn on on keyboard button press using a wireless keyboard.

It might only work in sleep states, but I guess that'd only be a small caveat with what you're trying to achieve.

More research then I guess. Hope this helps.

TT's DH101 HTPC Case comes with a remote+screen that you can use to turn the pc on and off. Media Center Edition VFD Maybe?

Back