How to turn on my torrents when Im not using my pc

erebus720

Gawd
Not sure where to put this.. But is it possible I can have my torrents start downloading when I m not using my pc. For example at 5 minutes of mouse inactivity my downloads start.. and when I come back they stop? Id like to be more efficent with them :) Thanks!

Before you step away from your computer, double click utorrent, then when you come back close it?

If you're using uTorrent, you don't really have to worry about RAM usage, and if you have a router with good QOS options, you don't really have to worry about bandwidth either (unless you're intent on having the absolute lowest ping possible in games), so what's the problem?

in utorrent you can set certain times of the day to use different amounts of bandwidth. for instance in the times you would normally play games etc, you can have it use a speedlimit of like 300-400KB/sec, and then when your sleeping you can bump it up to max speed. this might be a good alternative fer ya

Before you step away from your computer, double click utorrent, then when you come back close it?

and we have a winner!

this is what I would also suggest.

What would be good would be a screen saver that could start this up for you.

i use utorrent with the times set. While at work its maxed and while i sleep its maxed. Works great.

You could setup a batch file to run whatever you need it to run with a click of the mouse (if you put it down in Quick Launch).

It could start uTorrent and your Screensaver if you wanted it to. Or start uTorrent and then lock the PC.

Back