How to turn OFF auto updates Win 10 Pro?

Damn I'm glad I use Linux. Don't have to worry about all this legal illegal bullshit spewed forth by self righteous wannabe cops and lawyers. You people should get a life and stop worrying about whether or not someone you don't know and will never meet is up to your lofty moral standards.

Damn I'm glad I use Linux. Don't have to worry about all this legal illegal bullshit spewed forth by self righteous wannabe cops and lawyers. You people should get a life and stop worrying about whether or not someone you don't know and will never meet is up to your lofty moral standards.

Yep...Me too. Well said.

Im a Linux user but am glad I don’t belong to the over zealous gate keeping part of the community. It’s shit like this that make people turn away from Linux before they even give it a chance. If the entire community was like this I’d rather deal with automatic updates than suffer through being associated with a group of self righteous assholes.

Last edited:
Im a Linux user but am glad I don’t belong to the over zealous gate keeping part of the community. It’s shit like this that make people turn away from Linux before they even give it a chance. If the entire community was like this I’d rather deal with automatic updates than suffer through being associated with a group of self righteous assholes.

He's entitled to his opinion just like you are. Technically speaking, there's more Windows zealiots than Linux zealiots. If people want to pay attention to such comments, they will - Likewise, if they don't, they won't.

Vendor worship is downright stupid.

I've not read the thread, but try group policy.
- Run gpedit.msc and navigate to Computer Config -> Admin Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update

Read through the available settings and pick what applies to stop updates.

This combination may be useful:
- Specify intranet Microsoft update service location: Set to Enabled and enter junk in the fields, ex: http://fakewsus
- Do not connect to any Windows Update Internet locations: Enabled
- Configure automatic updates: Disabled

Back