How to turn of "clicking the user" in Windows XP?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
I do not want to have to click onthe user when I turn on the computer. Also when the computer comes back from the screensaver, I have to click the user again. Is there an option to get rid of this?

As for the boot option, you can download TweakUI and set the autologon options. However, using auto login options can make it much harder to solve certain problems, it never seemed worth it to use auto logon. Clicking a mouse once isn't really that much of a nuisance.

If you only have one user then it should go straight in to the desktop anyway.

Normally the only thing that would stop it is if you have "guest" accounts allowed.

Control panel > user accounts > Just delete the guest account and the clicky-ness will disappear. :)

[edit] abviously you can't have a password set either ;) [/edit]

S1nF1xx said:
To remove the issue with the screensaver:
Go to Display Properties>Screen Saver tab> uncheck On resume, password protect.

To remove the Welcome Screen all together:
Control Panel>User Accounts>Change the way users log on or off>uncheck Use the Welcome Screen.

For autologon without having to hack the registry:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/tips/knox2.mspx

That should fix you up. ;)

It says that when you change the way users log on or off, off makes it the old school way where totype everything in. If I just get TweakUI and do the "auto-login" that will basically get me into Windows without the Welcome screen hassle also right?

Yeah, if you follow my link you can do it without tweakUI. Either way you do it, it will get you to where you want to be.

run-> control userpasswords2

that where all the answers are little grasshoppa...

Back