How to tell if a Dell 2007WFP has an IPS panel?

Lazarey

Gawd
I may be buying a used Dell 2007WFP and I need to know how to check if it has the IPS panel.

Any other advice anyone has would be appreciated as well :).
This will be my first LCD (not including my HDTV). I currently have an ailing 20" crt. It will mainly be used for internet surfing (shared with family). I will be using it for photo editing as well.

BTW, the price is $190.

Thanks for your time.

supposedly if the serial number ends in an "L", it's an LG panel, and therefore is IPS. at least that is what I read on the forums

That's a good price, unfortunately there is no way to tell for sure until you get access to it.

I may be buying a used Dell 2007WFP and I need to know how to check if it has the IPS panel.

Any other advice anyone has would be appreciated as well :).
This will be my first LCD (not including my HDTV). I currently have an ailing 20" crt. It will mainly be used for internet surfing (shared with family). I will be using it for photo editing as well.

BTW, the price is $190.

Thanks for your time.

According to the spec listed in the link below, it probably uses IPS or VA panel.
http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/dell-ultrasharp-2007wfp/4507-3174_7-31783769.html

For example:
16ms response time
=> After 2007, most of the TN panels, above 19" and under 26", in the world should be 5ms.
When you see 16ms response time on a 20"W monitor, it should be using either VA or IPS panels, or it must be a product before 2004.

Response Time: TN<VA<IPS

178/178 viewing angle => Currently, only VA or IPS panel will have this good viewing angle. TN panels are arround 160/160, depending on which films they use.

Viewing angle: TN<VA=<IPS

I found out how to tell. I will be seeing it in person before I buy.

I'd still be glad to read anyones opinions on this monitor.

A good way to tell if it's an MVA panel is to look at the grey background of the HardForums.

If the background has a "silver shimmer" to it where the middle is a bit darker than the sides, it's VA. If the grey is consistent up and down, left and right, it is IPS.

You can also go to www.lagom.nl and do the black level test. If the darkest grey squares are invisible when viewing it straight on, but magically reveal themselves at an angle, it's MVA.

Regards,

10e

Thanks for the help everyone, but someone bought it out from under me. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Back