How To Solve Windows 10 Crashes In Less Than A Minute

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know about the whole "less than a minute" part but this article does have some solid tips on diagnosing Windows 10 crashes. If you don't like this method, the author does have a tried and true way of finding fixes for Windows 10 crashes...use Google to find the answer. ;)

Just to be clear, this article deals with system crashes, not application crashes or system hangs. In a full system crash, the operating system has concluded that something has gone so wrong (such as memory corruption) that continued operation could cause serious or catastrophic results. Therefore, the OS attempts to shut down as cleanly as possible – saving system state information in the process – then restarts (if set to do so) as a refreshed environment and with debug information ready to be analyzed.

But Windows 10 doesn't crash.

/s

(I've been lucky in that regard I guess, any crashes were 1d10t issues)

Confused... How is 4 pages of downloading, installing, configuring and analyzing dump files (not to mention reading those 4 pages), fixing Windows 10 crashes in less than 1 minute?

Yeah, that is a long article that probably isn't going to help a lot of people. Most people probably could have reinstalled their OS by the time they figured out what this guy was trying to have them do. How long is a minute to this guy?

Confused... How is 4 pages of downloading, installing, configuring and analyzing dump files (not to mention reading those 4 pages), fixing Windows 10 crashes in less than 1 minute?

It means it took the author a minute to write that article

Going through dump logs is never a quick or easy fix. Opening the dump logs is like opening a black hole which will suck out your soul and leave to wither and die at your computer.

To be fair to Microsoft and Windows all around. 99% of all system crashes are attributed to something other than the OS. #1 is usually faulty or just shit 3rd party hardware drivers. #2 poorly written or just shity 3rd party software. #3 Id10t issues.

In the 20 years I have been in IT and the thousands of different clients, systems and custom 3rd party software I have had to deal with in my time. I can honestly count a handful of times where I encountered an actual OS issues in Windows that caused a mission critical problem where I had to get an out-of-scope Hotfix from Microsoft to correct it.

I believe the biggest problem here is the blame of what is Windows fault and what is a 3rd parties problem needs to be clarified better. Just blaming Windows for something a shity dev did just isn't right.

Last edited:
Rarely has windows 8.1 crashed for me. But maybe windows 10 crashes more?

Back