How to Set Fan Speeds for Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac

Sithtiger

Weaksauce
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to set my fan speeds in the UEFI with the templates and custom. I installed ASRock Phantom Gaming Tuning, but I don't seem to understand how it works. I've tried using the template speeds...Silent, Standard, Performance and Full and can't get it to seem to work right. I've checked the boxes so it will load with Windows. This is only temporary as I want to set these in the UEFI to use instead of this Windows app. So I run a test to stress the CPU and the fans do nothing. I have to click start fan test or if I put a custom fan curve on a specific fan, like the CPU fan and it just ramps up to full speed when I have a custom curve. It should automatically speed up when the temperature goes up but doesn't.

I'm new to Asrock and I have a Cooler Master HAF 212 with a 200mm fan at the top pushing hot air out. I have another 200mm fan in the front pulling cool air in, a 120mm on the HSF of my CM Hyper 212 EVO of course and a 120mm on the back pushing hot air out of the case. I also had a 120mm on the side of the case pushing air in, but I'm wondering if I need that or not. I don't want to create negative air pressure. I don't think I am with the 120 on the side but noticed, the temps seem to be the same when I've been running a stress test.

Anyway, I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could tell me how to create a custom fan curve, or rather how to get it to work. I know how to create one. I just can't get it to run at all from the UEFI and when using the Phantom Gaming Tuning app, it only works when I click apply, but won't stop or the fan speeds won't go down when I stop stress testing the CPU #1. Same goes for the case fan #3.

I've already updated my mobo's bios to the latest version. Thanks in advance for your help!

Back