How to sell multiple items with Paypal *Do not bundle*

lyang238

Gawd
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you guys in on a very crappy experience selling some high end parts (at a very good deal). I decided to sell my mobo + ram + CPU cooler (all of which retailed for $800) a couple months ago as a bundle. I PP invoiced the person as one item. It turns out that the person did not test the mobo (or couldn't figure out the issues which I tried helping him out with) for OVER a month. I get that we all are busy but if you are spending a decent amount of money on gear you sure as hell should test it out just like if you bought it from Newegg or Amazon.

Anyways, the CPU cooler + ram were working but he wanted a refund on the mobo. I said I would cover the RMA costs to send it back . He didn't want it so I said I would accept the mobo back for a partial refund. Long story short he opened up a PP case against me because they get 180 days (which is BS) for the FULL amount. I don't know if he actually had an issue or buyers remorse but even Newegg/Amazon won't take stuff back after 30 days. All in all just a lessons learned for selling that you should break up the items into separate invoices if selling multiple items (even to the same person).

Has the case been resolved? I had a PP dispute opened against me regarding a cell phone sale and because I had tons of evidence of it properly working and our correspondence AND the fact that he waited 45 days to even power it on, I won the case.

I learned a long time ago after one of these, if there is a issue, I have them send me everything back.
have only made exceptions for people I trusted from past deals.

Has the case been resolved? I had a PP dispute opened against me regarding a cell phone sale and because I had tons of evidence of it properly working and our correspondence AND the fact that he waited 45 days to even power it on, I won the case.

Yes it was resolved in THEIR favor which was complete BS since PP didn't even ask me for any evidence. I'm going to have to just take it all back but definitely going to be doing a video opening of the package to ensure everything is there and not physically damaged. I don't care about RMAing items but I had 3x other buyers interested in the same items so that really sucks now with time lost and now those parts being technically 3rd hand purchased now.

Yes it was resolved in THEIR favor which was complete BS since PP didn't even ask me for any evidence. I'm going to have to just take it all back but definitely going to be doing a video opening of the package to ensure everything is there and not physically damaged. I don't care about RMAing items but I had 3x other buyers interested in the same items so that really sucks now with time lost and now those parts being technically 3rd hand purchased now.

That is some crazy bullshit. They gave me a week to respond and vice versa and each time one of us responded our timer reset to 7 days. Luckily (or so I thought) he didn't provide any evidence and never responded but they still made me sit for 14 days.

In your case it is hard to decide whether to reopen another claim calling the first unjust, or just getting the items back and RMAing them. My concern is he swapped out your good board for his shitty, possibly broken one. I hope you kept track of all the serial numbers.

It's best to not accept Paypal if at all possible because of this nonsense. Did the user have heatware? I won't deal with anyone without heatware, especially if they want to pay via paypal.

I've personally never had an issue with scammers. I don't sell on eBay, i only sell to people here for at least 6 months / 200 posts with decent heat, weeds out the idiots.

Yes the user had a good amount of heatware over 100 and also been on the forums for 10+ years. I'm not sure what happened but I tried my best to help him. We will see what happens and I did keep track of all my serial #'s just for this reason.

I'm going to ask the obvious question here but did you test it before sending? if you tested it before sending it to him, why would you Suggest an RMA? You shouldn't. If I would have tested it myself before sending it, then I would personally ask for it back and test it again myself rather than let him RMA it. Then see if it still works or it was tampered with, or if it was damaged during shipping, then deal with refunds if needed.

Last edited:
It was my main until I downsized to mitx. So was working 2 days before I broke down it down. I offered RMA as an option or to return it.

It was my main until I downsized to mitx. So was working 2 days before I broke down it down. I offered RMA as an option or to return it.
Sorry my point was that next time don't offer an RMA to the buyer because it makes you look like you knew something was wrong with it ( which I'm not saying you did) and could startle the buyer. It's better to just get it back first and then hash it out from there.

It's best to not accept Paypal if at all possible because of this nonsense. Did the user have heatware? I won't deal with anyone without heatware, especially if they want to pay via paypal.

And what else do you expect to use? There isn't anything out there that you can do it with that will also protect you.

if you take paypal, paypal will side with the buyer 100% of the time. so you'd better know who you are dealing with and have heatware. i think it's much harder for someone to get scammed if taking google wallet.

I've never been scammed on here (knock on wood). I turn people away from my sales regularly if they don't have heatware. Sometimes I'll turn them away just based on their attitude, I can tell when they are going to be a problem.

if you take paypal, paypal will side with the buyer 100% of the time. so you'd better know who you are dealing with and have heatware. i think it's much harder for someone to get scammed if taking google wallet.

I've never been scammed on here (knock on wood). I turn people away from my sales regularly if they don't have heatware. Sometimes I'll turn them away just based on their attitude, I can tell when they are going to be a problem.

I was a seller and a buyer was trying to scam me and I won since I had all my facts right and documents.

I was a seller and a buyer was trying to scam me and I won since I had all my facts right and documents.

I'm glad but a lot of people have been 100% right and still gotten scammed. When did someone attempt to scam you? PayPal has a 180 day return now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad but a lot of people have been 100% right and still gotten scammed. When did someone attempt to scam you? PayPal has a 180 day return now.

Around 2-3 years ago. Sold a V1 Radar detector that I took out of my car that was working perfectly fine. Guy bought it on Ebay, and I shipped it. He received it, took over a month to tell me it didn't work. Which I know wasn't true. I tried to assist, but his responses were only it doesn't work. That was all with every response. Sounded already fishy which paypal agreed. I accepted the return, he would never ship it back. So Paypal sided with me.

Around 2-3 years ago. Sold a V1 Radar detector that I took out of my car that was working perfectly fine. Guy bought it on Ebay, and I shipped it. He received it, took over a month to tell me it didn't work. Which I know wasn't true. I tried to assist, but his responses were only it doesn't work. That was all with every response. Sounded already fishy which paypal agreed. I accepted the return, he would never ship it back. So Paypal sided with me.

paypal today would have sided with the buyer if the buyer had shipped you anything. if the buyer shipped you a brick in a box but had a tracking number they would have sided with them.

Back