How to Securely access media stored on local server remotely?

nekrosoft13

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a safe secure way to access family photos from a local server remotely on android devices.

I have about 10TB of family photos (raw images) and a lot of family videos that I want to be able to access on our Android devices, anyone ideas?

I installed a OpenVPN Server on my router. I can securely remotely reach it with a OpenVPN client on my devices (iPhone and Laptop)

I installed a OpenVPN Server on my router. I can securely remotely reach it with a OpenVPN client on my devices (iPhone and Laptop)
This is one of the best ways. The concept is that you are setting up a vpn tunnel between your device and the network so then your device can access the network as if it was local. There's a few different ways to do this and openvpn and IPsec are two of the most popular.

This is one of the best ways. The concept is that you are setting up a vpn tunnel between your device and the network so then your device can access the network as if it was local. There's a few different ways to do this and openvpn and IPsec are two of the most popular.
A VPN is the way to go. I used to use OpenVPN. Now I use Wireguard and I've been far happier with it.

Hosting a website + VPN might be the way to go. I'm not sure implementing a VPN is going to fulfill your needs. How do you plan to access and interact with the files if you have network access to the server hosting them? With Windows or Linux you could just access the file share and use file explorer.

I'm not a web developer but maybe there's some existing solution to host a local website on your LAN that can load photos from a directory. The website would require users to VPN into your network for it to be accessible.

I've got two things going for this. VPN connection to my home gateway. And I've got a home server running piwigo and photostructure which are accessed via cloudflare tunnels. The tunnel endpoints are sso secured and assigned to specific subdomains.

Back