how to run ffxv windows on opengl?

princeboy47

Limp Gawd
as the question says, i've been wandering if ffxv windows edition could run on opengl as the ps4. i tried a launch option to -force-opengl and i think i did nothing different. is there another way that you guys know?

as the question says, i've been wandering if ffxv windows edition could run on opengl as the ps4. i tried a launch option to -force-opengl and i think i did nothing different. is there another way that you guys know?
It is dx11/12 only on PC. PS4 doesn't run on the same opengl as PC does. It is some custom API of opengl.

PC versions of multiplatform games are programmed and compiled differently than their console versions. Just because a game runs one way on the console does not mean it will run similarly on Windows or even one of the other consoles. More to the point, the PS4 does not use OpenGL. See below.
It is dx11/12 only on PC. PS4 doesn't run on the same opengl as PC does. It is some custom API of opengl.
Actually, the graphic API on the PS4 isn't based on OpenGL anymore like PSGL on the PS3 was. It is a proprietary API developed just for the PS4 called GNM. They even use their own custom shading language.

PC versions of multiplatform games are programmed and compiled differently than their console versions. Just because a game runs one way on the console does not mean it will run similarly on Windows or even one of the other consoles. More to the point, the PS4 does not use OpenGL. See below.

Actually, the graphic API on the PS4 isn't based on OpenGL anymore like PSGL on the PS3 was. It is a proprietary API developed just for the PS4 called GNM. They even use their own custom shading language.
Yes I know it has it own API but I though it was based of opengl.

srry for being late. i was reading about the available APIs on windows. i found some info that says opengl is faster than directx, while vulkan is faster than both. so i posted this thread for info seeking. i do not always find all i need with googling. also, i knew that ps4 is not running on directx, which i have no idea why, nor vulkan. but it uses custom opengl for ps4. i like how the optimisation of ps4 is, and i like it to be under that potential of a pc.

so, i have another question :)
i just got a new hdd. i had a green power WD 1TB, now i got a neww 500GB WD blue my father had. i already had pagefile enabled on the second, so is the readyboost and prefetch and superfetch (sysmain). i was "wandering", what is the best settings for storage management to use to make data fetching optimal as fast as possible?

srry for being late. i was reading about the available APIs on windows. i found some info that says opengl is faster than directx, while vulkan is faster than both. so i posted this thread for info seeking. i do not always find all i need with googling. also, i knew that ps4 is not running on directx, which i have no idea why, nor vulkan. but it uses custom opengl for ps4. i like how the optimisation of ps4 is, and i like it to be under that potential of a pc.
Games are programmed to a specific API. The reason you'll have games that can run both DX11 and DX12 is because the latter is just a superset of the former. If you look at a game like Doom (2016), which can run both OpenGL and Vulkan, you'll see that it has two separate executables that have been compiled (one for each API).

You won't get the kind of "to the metal" optimization of a console on the PC simply because there are too many hardware configurations that need to be considered.

Back