How to run Crysis in DX10 mode? General 64-bit DX10 Gaming questions

RyanH

Limp Gawd
Ok so Im running Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and I have a 9800gx2 video card which is DX10 compliant, and I'm trying to figure out how to run crysis in DX10 mode. I see in my crysis folder that there are a bin32 and bin64 folder. In the bin32 folder there is 1 executable but in the bin64 one there are 2 executables: Crysis64 and Crysis (laun64 tool for SecuRom).
I'm trying to figure out which executable runs in DX9 mode and which runs in DX10 mode. Also, I presume that running the executables in the bin64 folder runs the game in 64-bit mode? Also, does running Crysis in DX10 mode automatically mean I'm running in 64-bit mode? How is 64-bit and DX10 related if at all? Also, Vista separates programs into the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders when you install programs, but then why didnt Crysis get a folder in the Program Files folder too since it can run in 64 bit mode too right?. Can you run 64-bit programs from the PF x86 folder and vice versa? Or are the folders there just to keep things organized? In general do I get more fps in dx9 vs dx 10 mode or is it negligible?

Go to your games folder on the start menu. If you have x64 and DX10 codepaths available (which you do, given your hardware and OS) then it will default to those modes. If you want to be sure, right click on the crysis icon and select DX10 mode.

Crysis defaults to 64-bit mode in Vista 64. Just run the game from the games menu. You can always check to make sure it's running in 64-bit mode by going into the task manager. If it has *32 next to it, then it is 32-bit. Otherwise, it is not.

To run in DirectX 10, simply go into games, right click on Crysis and click 'run in dx10'.

The reason why Crysis is installed into Program Files (x86) is because it has a 32-bit installer.

Back