How to remove the Wi-Fi toggle switch and information panel atop the Android 10 Settings window?

Supersnake

[H]ard|Gawd
A Wi-Fi toggle switch and information panel displays at the top of the Settings window. Is there a way to stop it from appearing there?

Android 10 with Security Patch Nov 5, 2019

1.png

Last edited:
Update
Prior versions of Android located the toggle in a sub-menu. Android 10 apparently has brought it to the forefront. Google Support said the only way to not have it display in the forefront is to contact my carrier and have Wi-Fi calling disabled. Obviously that's not an alternative I'll choose, so ll'l leave it as it is.

Last edited:
Doesn't have that on my P30 with Android 10. At least one good thing about EMUI... (VoLTE and WoWiFi are enabled).

Doesn't have that on my P30 with Android 10. At least one good thing about EMUI... (VoLTE and WoWiFi are enabled).

I didn't remember seeing it on my Pixel 2 XL with 10 either... So I checked just to make sure and sure enough, it's there!

I didn't remember seeing it on my Pixel 2 XL with 10 either... So I checked just to make sure and sure enough, it's there!
Right, that's what I was writing about! It is there. And I too didn't see it before either.

Remember this? --> https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/18553639?hl=en

I suspect that it appeared after the November OTA update.

Auntjemima,
Tap Settings. In the Settings search bar enter Android Version and see what version you have.

x.png

Last edited:
Google Support said the only way to not have it display in the forefront is to contact my carrier and have Wi-Fi calling disabled.

I found it not necessary to do that.

I got rid of this Wi-Fi Calling Information Panel

1.png

By toggling Wi-Fi calling to On. Your Settings window will still show the Wi-Fi toggle switch at the top (not to be confused with the Wi-Fi Calling toggle switch). But you won't have to see the Wi-Fi Calling information panel like you did before.

2.png

Note: There is also a calling preference option there if you want to use it.

z.png

Last edited:
I definitely have the November 5th update. I get updates on release.

Problem Resolved
I now have the default Settings window.

Today when I opened my Settings, the Wi-Fi toggle switch appeared again at the top of the window. But this time a dialogue panel appeared alongside of it asking, "Do you want to remove this suggestion?" I replied yes and the Wi-Fi toggle switch was removed from the top of the Settings window.

1.png

Last edited:
Back