How to play xbox 360 and PC on one monitor?

What would I need to use to switch the video inputs for my monitor on the fly? Currently, if I want to switch between viewing my pc and 360, I have to go through the menu on my monitor, and it takes a bunch of presses.

Thats just the design of your monitor then. I've got my 360 running on my main monitor through a different input, and I have a button specifically for swapping input.

There is, however, another potential solution. From what I've heard, there are things which are almost like a "hub" for DVI , where you plug your devices into that, and then that connects to the monitor, and you can switch them on the "hub" with the push of a button.

However. It would mean you would have to have a newer 360 with HDMI, and also get a HDMI-DVI cable to use. It would also rely on you having your computer running on DVI to your monitor.

There are official MS VGA adapters out there. I think I was able to hook it up using the yellow composite jack on my Dell 2005FPW... but that'll look pretty bad.

Looks great with the VGA adapter.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/

You can go into your display settings on the dashboard and adjust your resolution. You'll likely need another audio adapter if you want to hook it up to your speakers. Sniff around a Radio Shack for that.

usually the latest monitors (mine is quite old now 2years) they have DVI and VGA, VGA is fine for 360 and i use DVI for my pc, little button infront to swap them together.

i remember back in the day taking VGA of pc out to get 360 in but now i dont

im thinking about dual monitors aswell

usually the latest monitors (mine is quite old now 2years) they have DVI and VGA, VGA is fine for 360 and i use DVI for my pc, little button infront to swap them together.

i remember back in the day taking VGA of pc out to get 360 in but now i dont

im thinking about dual monitors aswell

Yep, I'm almost using up all the inputs on my 2005FPW. VGA goes to the Xbox360, DVI to the PC, composite is open, then S-Video for the PS2. Could even do PnP for some of them, but found no use for that. :)

Back