How to override software to get win10 to sleep?

SpongeBob

The Contraceptive Under the Sea
So I'm sort of baking my computer in a room when I leave COD MW running and get distracted or fall asleep and it's on for hours or all night. It just sits their running getting hot since I have to keep the rooms door closed cause of my Cat, she's cute but a trouble ninja. The waiting screen for warzone is exceptionally bad. The computer doesn't sleep from being idle cause COD is running.

Is there a way to have the computer sleep by lack of mouse movements or keyboard activity? I can't find this option but it would be a hell of a lot better.

Thanks.

Settings->Power and Sleep->Computer goes to sleep aftter X hours.

This is the default functionality with a fresh install of Win 10 (I know, because I got tired of it asking for a login every time the computer went to sleep, and turned that off.

Settings->Power and Sleep->Computer goes to sleep aftter X hours.

This is the default functionality with a fresh install of Win 10 (I know, because I got tired of it asking for a login every time the computer went to sleep, and turned that off.
I'm pretty sure it won't go to sleep with a game running... Perhaps the OP should just get a proper cooler.

I'm pretty sure it won't go to sleep with a game running... Perhaps the OP should just get a proper cooler.

In dunno man, I've had Windows 10 turn on a screensaver during a fullscreen game on my HTPC (It's an OLED TV, so I use black screensaver.) All I have to do is put down the controls to use the bathroom, and screen goes black (and game is no-longer fullscreen).

As long as you have inactive inputs, it should kick-in. My media server PC put itself to sleep last night during playback of Southpark. When I went to he next episode, it hung (because the PC was asleep). Normally it advanced to the next episode.

Seems to work fine to me, but I know you won't acknowledge the existence of anything worthwhile in an OS unless it's wearing Penguin feet :rolleyes:

Last edited:

A small room with no central air running a game for hours. What GPU cooler is going to act as air conditioning for a room? My case has 6 120mm fans for goodness sake. It's just heated recycled air that gets warmer and warmer.

A small room with no central air running a game for hours. What GPU cooler is going to act as air conditioning for a room? My case has 6 120mm fans for goodness sake. It's just heated recycled air that gets warmer and warmer.
If the room has so poor ventillation, perhaps you should consider opening a window or punching a duct through a wall. It's not healthy to stay in stale air in any case.

If the room has so poor ventillation, perhaps you should consider opening a window or punching a duct through a wall. It's not healthy to stay in stale air in any case.

Well before I punch a hole in my apartment and get sued any other software options?

Well before I punch a hole in my apartment and get sued any other software options?

Did you try my suggestion yet? I'm not kidding when I said I will put the system to sleep even while gaming.

I just played a game on Steam, left the audio on, and walked away for ten minutes. when I came back, the computer was Asleep, with no visible video, and no audible sound, and no lit mouse.

After pressing the power button, my Windows session resumed, and the Steam game could be played and exited.

This DOES work. If you're unsure where the settings are, , they're under System->Power and Sleep
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Back