How to mount heatsing to Evo plus SSD ?

Lucky75

Limp Gawd
Hello guys, I bayed a cooling heat sink for SSD and have one important question...
Did I need to remove the sticker with Serial Number to stick there heatsink.
Or I can just put it above that sticker.

You need to remove the sticker and apply the thermal pad directly to the components. Having stickers in the way will greatly reduce the heat transfer between the components and the thermal pad, to the point where you would have been better off not even buying a heatsink and just pointing a fan at the SSD.

Return the heatsink. You don't need it. Your SSD is not going to overheat.

Reviews citing overheating units are early models that were subject to artificial testing workloads designed to push the drive to its limits. Real-life usage isn't going to hit near the same.

I have read that the sticker on those units is metal because the controller chip actually wants to run a little bit warm, and so they add a thermal conduit in the form of that metal sticker to transfer some heat from the flash memory to the controller. Having read that, I would personally not remove the sticker.

The controller should be cool, but the nand should be warm (respective to their normal/max running temps), 50-55c is the ideal/average temp for pretty much all the parts on the evo plus iirc.
Expect to see in the 70c range when under extremely heavy load, anything under 80c is within spec though.

Back