How to monitor NB temps?

Scotty_SFF

Gawd
Right tryign some new settings with my OC to see if i can push anything more from my Q6600.

I have PCProbe installed, but i did something somewhere and now i'll load it and it crashes reading all voltages except Vcore as 4.06v. I never trusted it anyway, always had way inaccurate CPU temps etc.

So anything out there (free) that i can monitor NB temps with? And if possible SB too.

Intel MCH/northbridges keep track of their internal temp for automatic shutdown if they sense they get too hot but they do not report this value outside of the chip. You cannot read it like you can the cpu core temp. So nothing out there will give you what you want. Anything else is a kludge, thermister glued to MCH/heatsink etc.

SB should not be affecting the OC.

Put a 40mm fan on the MCH/northbridge and do not worry about it is about all I can recommend.

Well i just grabbed. HWManager from CPUID. And under some of the temperatures i have the exact same as reported by PCProbe for the few seconds before it crashes, they are also pretty much as i would expect when in Windows compared to BIOS.

My NB is watercooled with Asus' built in waterblock so heat shouldn't be a problem, but i just wanted to check.

Back