How to make HX620W work in a Dell Studio XPS 435MT?

shurcooL

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know if there's some way of making it work...?

I'm having the same problem as described here after I replaced the stock PSU with HX620W. The computer simply won't power on. Even the fans don't begin to spin.

http://forum.corsair.com/v2/showthread.php?t=79596

It seems that some other similar PSUs do work in the 435MT, like PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500, Antec EarthWatts 650W, and some other Corsair models like TX or VX. Why won't HX?

Thanks.

well sounds like you need to switch to a different model power supply there should not be anything in there that would keep it from working. Your best bet will be to get one known to work.

Yeah, I see that now. I ended up running the 435MT off its stock PSU, and powered the video card from an external HX620W... Just to test the performance, not as a full-time solution.

Thanks anyway. Stupid Dell, that's all I can say.

Strange, I'm currently using an Earthwatts 650 in my dell i7 435mt... not the Earthwatts Green, the original one.

Not sure why it wouldn't work, mine's been fine and dandy for roughly 3 months now (I upgraded so I could stick a 6850 in there). Stock psu wires are short as heck :(

Strange, I'm currently using an Earthwatts 650 in my dell i7 435mt... not the Earthwatts Green, the original one.

Not sure why it wouldn't work, mine's been fine and dandy for roughly 3 months now
The original Earthwatts 650 is confirmed to work in 435MT; it's the HX620W that doesn't.

There might not be enough standby current for the Dell. The energy police (europe I think) have reduced standby power limits. The HX is probably compliant.
Or I have a mistaken idea.

There might not be enough standby current for the Dell. The energy police (europe I think) have reduced standby power limits. The HX is probably compliant.
Or I have a mistaken idea.
The HX620 is not compliant with those requirements. It predates them by several years.

Back