How To Make A Raspberry Pi Supercomputer With LEGOs

Kyle needs to do this, and someone from [H]ard|Folding needs to do it as well. Benchmarks, nao!

Hate to see the vampire draw on that.:eek: lol

image008.jpg

I believe that photo is used to teach 6 year olds about not overloading outlets...

6 warts.

Output of 5v @ 750mAh each.

Input of 120v with a draw of 0.15A

...I think the outlet those strips will be plugged into is going to be just fine.

I thought the same thing. But I hope they'll get atleast a hobbyist electrician to wire up a master source for it. Maybe a cheap 200watt PSU or something.

it wouldn't even require a hobbyist electrician. it's just power by micro usb.
these people have too much money and not much sense.

My electrician friend saw that picture and grimaced. :eek:

Only 2.5 watts each, so it's harmless. You could have 100 power bars with 6 warts in each one and still not trip a 15a breaker.

It would be much better to build one big psu, and wire them all together.

You will need a hell of a lot of them to even beat a dual Xeon workstation, let alone a supercomputer.

I don't mean anything special, just wiring up a line of connections to power them all off one adapter. Just basically someone who knows how to solder and strip is all I mean.

Kyle needs to do this, and someone from [H]ard|Folding needs to do it as well. Benchmarks, nao!

Not x86 so no go.

As some one else said, even if we could get it to work, a dual xeon would beat it easily.

At least 40x$35 = $1400 which with ther 40 PS & cables is probably ~$1600-1800.

Hope this is from a stash used for a school or something and they're going to give them back. Or, donating them when they get bored with them would be nice.

Neat hobby project/idea/PoC. Practical application: likely low, given the overall cost. Neat nonetheless. Nice little pimp-out for LEGOs though. :D

Very cool.
Ras Pi shows itself to be a very good tool for teaching computing at a low cost.
Imagine the cost of a x86 cluster like this as well as power draw.

I would not mind doing something like this with like 5 just for the hey I did this factor :) Then just re-sell after

makes me want to make a lego case for my actual computer.... call me crazy..... but yea ive loved legos all my life.

Back