How to limit high ping connections to a game server with no option to?

NEODARK

Gawd
Hey guys

this is a tough one (I think)

I run a dedicated server for a flight sim called "LockON" the, well.. There is no dedicated server actually, so I have to run the full app to make the dedicated server.

The thing is,

sometimes clients with high ping will join and completely ruin the experience for others, and when the admin (me) is not present, well things suck for the rest of the players due to one guy with bad ping and the server not having an auto kick for high ping option.. (yes I feel bad for the one guy on the other side of the world, but I rather the majority have a good time than everyone suffer)

so, is there any way that I can check pings outside of lockon via some network app and basically stop packets being sent to them or anyone with a ping higher than lets say 200?

all the lockon traffic its on one port..

anyway, thanks.

Have you looked in the configuration files for these options? In my experience the in game configurators are amazingly poor at actually giving you all the options.

yup, nothing in the config files..

it has to be an outside app that measures ping from connections with data trough a certain port and disconnects whoever has higher than...

has to be XP or 2003. This is a really limited game as far as support, so everything has to be reverse engineered :(

Back