How To Host Game on UT2004

Johnny Digital

Limp Gawd
I've tried to host a game but for some strange reason, my friends see my server but can't connect. What could be wrong? I've got Verizon DSL and connected to a router.

you need to open the ports on your router so they can actually pass through it to get your server. Also since they can see your server I'm assuming you are in your DMZ? yes? Also make sure you have player spots open (i know its obvious but ya never know).

its cool man :)

Your router will have a option called a DMZ in the setup menu of the router. What a DMZ is, is a dedicated channel for incoming traffic to come in on. If you are not in that channel you will not recieve your friends signals to join the game because you have them blocked. What you need to do is set a static IP address on your machine and then set that specific address to your DMZ. That way when you broadcast your game to the outside world, people will be able to talk back :) Good Luck

I'll try. Thanks

*** Update ***

I did what you told me (I had to actually reinstall Windows XP Pro to get to my Microsoft wireless router settings -- Microsoft....Sheesh).

Anyways, I didn't install UT2K4 yet but I wanted to see if your tips worked. So, I took a older game out of my archive (Serious Sam: The Second Encounter) & set up a server. Before long, players was joining my server! Incredible! Thanks.

Back