How to go from Eyefinity to 3 individual monitors? i.e. Disable Eyfinity

SaViOr-

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, how would I go about disabling eyefinity so that I have 3 seperate desktops, or individual monitors running? Right now most of my games run fine on Eyefinity, but with BF3 I cant run eyefinity on the 64 player Caspian Border map so will need to play that one only on 1920x1080 until I can get more graphics horsepower. Was only getting about 25fps on all low settings :(, Operation Metro runs fine at 60+ fps, but Caspian Border is Huge and wide open.

So far the only way I have figured out how to turn eyefinity off is to disable my 2 side monitors in CCC. I want to game on my center monitor, but have the side monitors still active. Is this even possible? If not, how would I go about running on just my center monitor without having to disable my side monitors in CCC? When I disable my eyefinity display group it just mirrors whats happening on the center monitor to the two side monitors.

any idea? I'm pretty sure that I've seen this somewhere, but couldn't pull up anything with the search

You can build profiles in CCC and use a hotkey to swap them, one using eyefinity and one NOT

I dont remember the exact procedure

You can build profiles in CCC and use a hotkey to swap them, one using eyefinity and one NOT

I dont remember the exact procedure

I remember reading about this, but can't find the exact steps :(

Try Desktop Management>Creating and Arranging Desktops
or Desktop Management>Desktop Properties
in the Catalyst control center
I run my 3 screens in normal extended desktop and just game on the center screen.

Setup your screen for eyefinity and then create a preset or profile. For example "eyefinity"

Then make one with extended desktops and create a profile for that. For example "extended"

You can also have each profile enabled by a keystroke. Like I would Hit Ctrl + Alt O and it would switch to my eyefinity setup. Then I could hit Ctrl + Alt P and it would switch my extended desktop profile.

Setup your screen for eyefinity and then create a preset or profile. For example "eyefinity"

Then make one with extended desktops and create a profile for that. For example "extended"

You can also have each profile enabled by a keystroke. Like I would Hit Ctrl + Alt O and it would switch to my eyefinity setup. Then I could hit Ctrl + Alt P and it would switch my extended desktop profile.

Thank you! Took me a couple tries to get the presets to stick and work, but everything is perfect now. :D

Note that some have had issues in the past where they had to hit the hotkey two times in order for the Eyefinity monitor setup to be arranged in the correct order. Haven't paid attention if it still is like this, but thought I'd mention it anway. :)

Note that some have had issues in the past where they had to hit the hotkey two times in order for the Eyefinity monitor setup to be arranged in the correct order. Haven't paid attention if it still is like this, but thought I'd mention it anway. :)

The hotkey never worked for me so I just hit "Eyefinity" or "Extended" presets in CCC. Works fine :).

The hotkey never worked for me so I just hit "Eyefinity" or "Extended" presets in CCC. Works fine :).

I miss that preset function on my 570 (though its also good with the game profiles Nvidia/Nvidia inspector uses which I miss on my 5870. Usually its the same settings I wish to apply to a game (like a certain AA settings) and then its easier to have it hotkeyed then to enter the profile in each game I want it applied to). :)

Back