How to Get Windows 7 Beta Key

I can't get the thing to install. I'm running vista 64 right now, but everytime it gets almost halfway and says I'm missing some files, then cancels.

my only problem now is how to get the ISO on a DVD.. dont have a software for that.. darn..

my only problem now is how to get the ISO on a DVD.. dont have a software for that.. darn..

LMAO, funny how right on that download page it lists technical competency as a requirement, and that's a reason why.........

Use ImgBurn.

I can't get the thing to install. I'm running vista 64 right now, but everytime it gets almost halfway and says I'm missing some files, then cancels.

if you have the resources test the image with a virtual pc install.
slight possibilty you just got the luck of the draw and your media had a bad burn

Assuming you got it from legit source... (Straight from Microsoft).

Because, the thing is... All bets are off with torrented ones (and I know there are plenty of those going around).

Assuming you got it from legit source... (Straight from Microsoft).

Because, the thing is... All bets are off with torrented ones (and I know there are plenty of those going around).

Won't lie, I do have a torrented one. I do however have a legit copy of Vista 32 bit.

Could I just format my HDD, then install Windows 7 or would I still have problems?

There are only 10 different keys, 5 keys for 32bit and 5 for 64bit, I know them all. I don't know if it against forum rules to post them here and I don't need any more infractions so if you need one pm me. And thanks to digg user nwools for the keys.

Use Gburner. It's free.
So is ImgBurn. And easier to use.

Won't lie, I do have a torrented one. I do however have a legit copy of Vista 32 bit.

Could I just format my HDD, then install Windows 7 or would I still have problems?

God only knows what kinds of malware whoever you got that torrent from has on it... Something like this should never be torrented.

If the installer is giving you file missing errors, that disk is basically trash.

You need to get a legit copy downloaded and burned to a DVD, and go from there.

There are only 10 different keys, 5 keys for 32bit and 5 for 64bit, I know them all. I don't know if it against forum rules to post them here and I don't need any more infractions so if you need one pm me. And thanks to digg user nwools for the keys.

They are publicly available and have been posted around the forums already.

ImgBurn FTW! Just finished burning my Win 7 Beta DVD.. Very simple and works perfect!

IMGBurn.jpg

Thanks =).. I had the link yesterday but lost it.. and asking you guys since I could trust whatever you guys are using than searching it by myself..

Posting from Windows 7... Had to download Opera since IE 8 when logged into this site shows a blank white screen when you enter a thread. Took about 40-45 min for my old slug of a computer to install onto a backup 20 gig drive.

Strange, the 32 bit key worked for me that I got thismorning, it's listed on that link.

Don't know what all the fuss is about now i've used it.
Performance is every bit as good as Vista x64. Every the memory foot print's the same as my Vx64 install (typically 800Mbs). It's just got more knobs on.
One thing I really didn't like it the new WMP12 - that's going to confuse people and I'd bet a lot of money on that. It's a step backwards imo.
Downloaded Ubuntu 8.10 x64 as well. So i've now got a triple boot going. Now that is interesting. Never really tried Linux before. Can't see it replacing Vista any time soon if ever, but still fun to poke around inside a new OS - which exactly what Win7 isn't.

So Win7 is just vista with a few added tweaks?...

Thats what it feels like on the outside.. But there are a LOT on new features in it.. Less annoyances, and pretty much everything works upon install/plug-in.. Havent had to get a manufacturer driver yet, either they are included or found on windows update... Runs damned good even on old systems.. First one I tested was Emachine W4620, AMD Athlon XP, 512mb DDR mem and it still ran great.. Internet was fast, burnt DVD's, fired up HL/2 and Doom2, and Portal..

Overall I dont have any complaints.. people seem to hate the new taskbar but its far more featureful than its predacessors.. This is what Vista shoulda been

Thats what it feels like on the outside.. But there are a LOT on new features in it.. Less annoyances, and pretty much everything works upon install/plug-in.. Havent had to get a manufacturer driver yet, either they are included or found on windows update... Runs damned good even on old systems.. First one I tested was Emachine W4620, AMD Athlon XP, 512mb DDR mem and it still ran great.. Internet was fast, burnt DVD's, fired up HL/2 and Doom2, and Portal..

Overall I dont have any complaints.. people seem to hate the new taskbar but its far more featureful than its predacessors.. This is what Vista shoulda been

Sounds really really good that drivers(most) installs perfectly on it.. and im guessing they are Vista or XP drivers?...

just noticed, if you go through the main link for the windows 7 download at
https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-32/enus/default.aspx
when you get to the page that displays your key and download link... everytime you refresh the page it gives you a new key....:) i've collected like 5 keys just refreshing the page... i figured 5 was plenty..lol (wonder if this is a glitch?)

You'll also notice that you're only going to get 5 keys. Microsoft hands the same 5 keys out to absolutely everyone that downloads a beta through the public site...

Are the 10 mass use keys listed here (and everywhere else it seems) going to be the ones which expire on January 24th?
From your link: "Note that even after been activated, Windows 7 Beta will still expire on August 1, 2009." :p

Sounds really really good that drivers(most) installs perfectly on it.. and im guessing they are Vista or XP drivers?...

I installed the x64 version on my HP laptop without any issues, but I did have five devices that the install had either no or generic driver. The Vista drivers worked just fine.

Ugh this is annoying.. i have everything but cant burn.. my dvdrw cant recognize my dvdr and dvdrw.. ugh retarded..

can ImgBurn do a bootable cd to a flashdrive?

Back