how to get to a print server behind a router?

MetalDwarf

[H]ard|Gawd
my problem is i want to access a print server which s behind a router but still on teh same LAN.

ok here is my network setup
all machines running win2000

i have a cable modem running into the WAN port on a 4port linksys router/gateway/firewall
i then have 3 computers connected to it
from the 4th port i have a second router inexQ (some crap brand but i got it for free and it seems to work fine) which has 2 computers connected to it
one of these computers is an ftp/web/print server

i have managed to set it up so that the web/ftp servers work to the whole network and to the outside work (internet)
however i cant manage to figure out how to share the printer between the computers on the linksys router. they only see the inexQ router as ip: 192.168.1.104
and cant see anything behind it (ie the printer. or comp4 and comp5)
ive used port forwarding on the inexQ router to pass port 21 and 80 to the ftp and web servers respectivly

can i just forward a port or do i have to do something more creative?
here is a little mspaint drawing of how the network is wired.

left click a new window will open, right click network.jpeg and choose copy to folder. ftp isnt quite working right yet, sorry

the system is setup this way due to space restaints
there is a long cable run between the linksys and the inexQ router and the print server HAS to be at that end so the wiring cant really change much (IE i CANT make the print server plug into the linksys)

please help a newtork newb
thanks

Back