how to get the most out of my 290x

Edgar

2[H]4U
Hello. Currently mining ETH with my 290x. getting around 20-21 mh but I know the card is capable of around 28. How would I configure it to the most out of it? Using the settings found on ethermine.org

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal <Your_Ethereum_Address>.<RigName> -epsw x

But I'm sure I can eek out some more. Any help appreciated!

use GPUz to monitor temps/clock speeds. you might be able to OC. My 290x does better than 21. I think it was doing 23-25 last time i checked.

Bump core clock, if it's anything like my 390.

However that advice varies through AMD generations, for example the RX 4/5 series you want mem clock.

I get 27.5 - 28.5 on my 290x at 1000mhz, msi lightning model. 30.5 on my FuryX. Try switching miners? I'm using Claymore. Try a different driver version, a lot of places recommend 15.12 for best.

I'm using claymore. What program do ppl use to OC and underclock? And where can I get those older drivers?

What if the 290x comes clocked at 1020Mhz by 1350Mhz (Samsung memory) with 6 phase power design to hold those clocks under gaming and full gaming load around 56c on air ,, would this be a prefect 290x for mining?

Power consumption will still be close to 2x what a 570 would be. Hashrates would be very close also. With summer coming, heat and power consumption become a bit more important.

Not even worth mining ETH with a single card. I've done the math. Hash rate too low and difficulty too high to really be worth it. FTC is about to split and BLK is gaining good traction.

What is ftc and blk? I'm mining with a single card for eth, but only cuz I can't get my hands on any gpus.

How easy is it to setup and mine those 2 coins. Would like to diversify my coins you know. Just in case 1 of them blows up like eth did.

How easy is it to setup and mine those 2 coins. Would like to diversify my coins you know. Just in case 1 of them blows up like eth did.

It's not hard. Find a pool you like, join it, download nsgminer and set it up to start mining. Took me a day or two to really dial in the miner. Playing with gpu/mem frequencies and intensity settings of the miner. That's for feathercoin, which is neoscrypt based mining.

BLK isn't really mined in the traditional sense. It's staked. You'd need to purchase BLK, open your wallet for staking and just leave it run. The amount of BLK you get daily from staking varies.

ive got both my 290X's humming away at 32.5 Mh/s each, 1150/1250 with -50mv using claymore, love these cards!

ive got both my 290X's humming away at 32.5 Mh/s each, 1150/1250 with -50mv using claymore, love these cards!
Mind posting your exact settings you are using on msi afterburner as well as your .bat file?

Afterburner is set as above, have to play with memory clocks, to find where the tighter strap kicks in. For one card of mine its 1125 the other its 1250. Just play with it and see what works, both my cards are under water so you may see some diff results. Id say start by dropping it -50mv and then work your core clocks up from 1050, thats what I did. just have the miner running and do the tweaks on the fly and see what results you get until you crash and then back it off a little.

Config is as below:

-epool us1.ethermine.org:4444
-ewal [Insert wallet here]
-epsw x
-mode 1
-tt 68
-allpools 1

Post up how it goes!

What's your daily return running those two card? If you don't mind me asking.

Not sure if this is still necessary, try crimson 15.12 drivers and see if that helps your hashrate

What's your daily return running those two card? If you don't mind me asking.

around $13.50 per day at the current rates. Im not buying cards to mine as we could see the whole market slump like it did in 2014, but ill use what I have to make some cash while im not gaming!

Back