How to get new Alchemy to work on Auzentech Prelude ?

I've been waiting for ages but still no update. Whether it is because of Auzentech or Creative i am not sure, but i would suspect the later ..... :rolleyes:

Since SP1 Vista came out, Alchemy didn't work for Warcraft 3 ...... which is why i really need to update my alchemy.

I've been looking all over the place like here

http://nomoregoatsoup.wordpress.com/2008/05/15/creative-alchemy-11001-available/

But i can't find any new alchemy version that will install for the prelude.

From what i understand the new alchemy should work on a prelude, however the installation has not included the auzentech hardware into their supported hardware, so whenever you try to install it says your hardware doesn't support it which is bullshit.

Anyone know how to modify it to get pass that :confused:

I think that all you should need would be the dssound.dll and dssound.ini files from the latest ALchemy installation. Assuming you've got OpenAL installed on your computer, you wouldn't even need the actual ALchemy application. Or install the version that will install for you, but use the latest .dll instead of the one that comes with your installation.

That's all theoretical, mind you, but it might work. If you want me to email them to you just PM me your email.

I am using the 1.10.01 and have no issues with Warcraft 3 on SP1.

I recentl updated my Nvidia 8800 gts graphics card drivers. I also update to the latest Auzentech XFI Prelude that still uses an old alchemy.

WC3 EAX on Alchemy works again.

So i guess problem is solved <3

Although i heard EAX doesn't work correctly using alchemist for counter strike is this true ?

Back