How to get a Ryzen 1700 and motherboard for free -- (buy a System - sell off extra parts on eBay)

My Taichi worked well bios was from May or June I think. I would have been pissed if mine was not working.

Last edited:
I would agree with you but I was able to install an OS all the way thru.. when it booted into windows, I still had the display corruption.. As soon as I swapped out the graphics card to a 1050ti, it went away. I then took each 470 and plugged them in, one at a time, and the display corruption would come back. I put the 470's in my other main desktop build and they booted fine in windows with no display corruption. Swapped out the 1000W power supply with a 1250W XM2 that I had around and bam... both 470's boot up without a hitch.. poop.. lol..

note* the 1050ti I have does not require a PCI-E 6pin connection so it gets its power straight from the PCI-E x16 slot..

interesting test.

assuming you tried the other pci-e power cables and same result? Most of these power supplies share a 12v rail - so that's odd (unless the individual cable ends somehow got damaged)

I got the view 27. Kind of like it but i'm pretty confused on where the storage drive is. Looks like its gonna be a pain in the ass to get in there.

mine will be moved to the inside instead of the basement of the case once it arrives. I like seeing my components.

interesting test.

assuming you tried the other pci-e power cables and same result? Most of these power supplies share a 12v rail - so that's odd (unless the individual cable ends somehow got damaged)
yup used each one and same result.. Already have a RMA issued.. and they are sending me another RMA with the PCIe covers too... sucks.. I have to pay for the shipping back but I will pick the cheapest route I guess.. USPS i guess??

yup used each one and same result.. Already have a RMA issued.. and they are sending me another RMA with the PCIe covers too... sucks.. I have to pay for the shipping back but I will pick the cheapest route I guess.. USPS i guess??
Can you just talk them into getting you a new PSU? Seriously, a PSU would be cheaper for you to buy than to ship the whole PC back???!

Or forgo cyberpower and work with the PSU manufacturer warranty directly.

IF you have to pay shipping back and don't care about it being quick, try Media Mail. paypal.com/shipnow → select Media Mail

I use that all the time shipping when RMAing items to manufacturers. Delivery takes 4-7 business days.

Can you just talk them into getting you a new PSU? Seriously, a PSU would be cheaper for you to buy than to ship the whole PC back???!

Or forgo cyberpower and work with the PSU manufacturer warranty directly.
just shipping the psu thank god lol

IF you have to pay shipping back and don't care about it being quick, try Media Mail. paypal.com/shipnow → select Media Mail

I use that all the time shipping when RMAing items to manufacturers. Delivery takes 4-7 business days.
haha - media mail is supposed to be limited to actual "media"

books, dvds, blurays. (I don't think PSUs fit in that category) :)

media mail is for books, music sheets..etc. not for what you are using it for. you stealing from USPS.

Only pic for now.

Spent most of last night yanking the 7700k from it, CPU cooler & memory to put into my other systems system. Put a pentium G4400, 4gb of memory & zip tied a few fans to it since cyber power PC neglected to give me any fan screws.

However, I ran into a snag with fitment of the H60 in my system, so I ended up re-using my old stock intel cooler, haha.

Got an OS installed on it and currently have it mining @ 44MH/s, hopefully more once I get a chance to do the BIOS mod on the GPU's.

Also have my i5-6500, the SSD, & memory sold off already.

Attachments

• IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_1255.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 41
Mining is picking back up a smidge in profits over the last couple days, so maybe the rx470 value isn't going to fall off the proverbial cliff immediately after all.

This is a sold listing of yours, right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-AMD-Rad...619513?hash=item4d5e99ccb9:g:nNUAAOSwf~9ZY9BG

I left you a voice mail, saying that I sold my 2 for $590. NET to Me, Thanks to Craigslist!!

The young college grad (I think) only works part time, and is setting up multiple gaming platforms... 6-7 cards per rig. He's using Claymore.... Of course, I somehow neglected to mention the article I'd sent you the link to, which inferred that as mining gets more difficult, the Radeon cards, and specifically the 470, would fall off a cliff in hash rates, but the 10 series Nvidias, especially the 1080 Ti, would keep bringing home the mustard.

I also bought that 1060 6 gb for $250. He said he's getting about 24-25 MH/S from those, and the 3 gb one does just as well. I'm not sure if he's done any bios mods yet.

For those of us who ordered a MB with built in wi-fi, shouldn't the rabbit ears have been included?

On my rig, the placed the three fans thusly, two on top, and one in front. Only the front fan is an intake. So with the case fan, to which they mounted the radiator, that's three exhaust fans versus one intake. Think I should move one top fan to the front?

Another thing, as the fans aren't plugged into the MB, but to Molex connectors, will they be variable speed? I just got home, and haven't loaded an OS or done anything but turn it on to more easily determine the fan directions.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a sold listing of yours, right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-AMD-Rad...619513?hash=item4d5e99ccb9:g:nNUAAOSwf~9ZY9BG

I left you a voice mail, saying that I sold my 2 for $590. NET to Me, Thanks to Craigslist!!

The young college grad (I think) only works part time, and is setting up multiple gaming platforms... 6-7 cards per rig. He's using Claymore.... Of course, I somehow neglected to mention the article I'd sent you the link to, which inferred that as mining gets more difficult, the Radeon cards, and specifically the 470, would fall off a cliff in hash rates, but the 10 series Nvidias, especially the 1080 Ti, would keep bringing home the mustard.

I also bought that 1060 6 gb for $250. He said he's getting about 24-25 MH/S from those, and the 3 gb one does just as well. I'm not sure if he's done any bios mods yet.

For those of us who ordered a MB with built in wi-fi, shouldn't the rabbit ears have been included?

On my rig, the placed the three fans thusly, two on top, and one in front. Only the front fan is an intake. So with the case fan, to which they mounted the radiator, that's three exhaust fans versus one intake. Think I should move one top fan to the front?

Another thing, as the fans aren't plugged into the MB, but to Molex connectors, will they be variable speed? I just got home, and haven't loaded an OS or done anything but turn it on to more easily determine the fan directions.

That's my cousins auction. He's selling six more and has sold four so far. My ebay id is archaeantrader

The wifi antennaes should have been included I think -- if your m/b included built in wifi

For the fans - ideally you'll have positive pressure on a case with dust fitlers. That is more intake than exaust so that the intake is all done through the dust filter and dust isn't pulled into the case via the other openings. What case did you get again? As to fan arrangement - generally speaking front to rear/top is ideal. heat rises - don't fight the heat's natural convection impulses by trying to blow down from the top.

Unplug the fans from the molex and plug them into the motherboard headers.

Make sure your CPU pump is plugged into the optional CPU header on the motherboard and is configured to run 100% in the BIOS. The pumps are designed to be run full speed. three of the four of my machines had that wired wrong. The water pump was wired into CPU Fan1. It should be CPU pump opt. Make sure in the BIOS that setting is 100%. The fans that cool the radiator can spin lazy --- but the pump needs to be 100%.

Also - if they wired two fans on your raidiator - that's just a waste, and introduces extra noise. Just use a single fan on your radiator. I mounted them differently on mine. I place the waterblock directly on the case chasis, and just use a single fan blowing out. (exhausting hot air outside the case from the rad). Two fans might decrease the radiator temp a degree or two, but it's immaterial and just adds additional noise.

Source --- lots and lots of experience tinkering over the years and working in IT.

If you want to monitor temps - download CPU-ID - hardware monitor pro
http://www.cpuid.com/

you guys who bought these and started mining with them got some cojones, cause this is not a cost effective way to start mining..., especially now (Unless you sell off all the hardware to get the cards for free.. which would be the reverse of what this deal was supposed to be lol)

Last edited:
That's my cousins auction. He's selling six more and has sold four so far. My ebay id is archaeantrader

The wifi antennaes should have been included I think -- if your m/b included built in wifi

For the fans - ideally you'll have positive pressure on a case with dust fitlers. That is more intake than exaust so that the intake is all done through the dust filter and dust isn't pulled into the case via the other openings. What case did you get again? As to fan arrangement - generally speaking front to rear/top is ideal. heat rises - don't fight the heat's natural convection impulses by trying to blow down from the top.

Unplug the fans from the molex and plug them into the motherboard headers.

Make sure your CPU pump is plugged into the optional CPU header on the motherboard and is configured to run 100% in the BIOS. The pumps are designed to be run full speed. three of the four of my machines had that wired wrong. The water pump was wired into CPU Fan1. It should be CPU pump opt. Make sure in the BIOS that setting is 100%. The fans that cool the radiator can spin lazy --- but the pump needs to be 100%.

Also - if they wired two fans on your raidiator - that's just a waste, and introduces extra noise. Just use a single fan on your radiator. I mounted them differently on mine. I place the waterblock directly on the case chasis, and just use a single fan blowing out. (exhausting hot air outside the case from the rad). Two fans might decrease the radiator temp a degree or two, but it's immaterial and just adds additional noise.

Source --- lots and lots of experience tinkering over the years and working in IT.

If you want to monitor temps - download CPU-ID - hardware monitor pro
http://www.cpuid.com/

They attached the radiator only to the case fan, so that's good. I'll check the cooler connections. Thanx!! And, as I thought, move the case fans to the mb headers.
Case is the Therrmaltake V31 I intake fan in front, two exh on top.

I have cpuid..and other monitoring apps as well.... of course, nada on this rig, as I' haven't even loaded the 0/S yet. I did put in the 1060 6 gb that I just bought. leaving two PCI slots wide open, since they didn't send the ones they took out, even though Steve told me he would request that they include them. Thought they'd include the sata connectors for extra HDD's, which come with the MB, but nope.. Other than the fan connectors wrong,the wiring is neat and tidy! The pwr supply is not modular at all, but they've hidden the iunused connections. I might keep the PSU, and switch it with one of my 750's.....

I just checked, and see they sent the non "AC" MB, so no wifi.... I thought it was supposed to include it, but I was mistaken.

Last edited:
you guys who bought these and started mining with them got some cojones, cause this is not a cost effective way to start mining..., especially now (Unless you sell off all the hardware to get the cards for free.. which would be the reverse of what this deal was supposed to be lol)

For anyone mining with their RX470 instead of selling them -- this might be of interest. I don't know the seller at all, and it's not impossible to figure this out on your own (there are many guides) -- but for $10 it might be worth the hand hold and experience of the seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-Ni...353345?hash=item3ae93f7581:g:OEYAAOSw6ShZVyae

Last edited:
For anyone mining with their RX470 instead of selling them -- this might be of interest. I don't know the seller at all, and it's not impossible to figure this out on your own (there are many guides) -- but for $10 it might be worth the hand hold and experience of the seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-Ni...353345?hash=item3ae93f7581:g:OEYAAOSw6ShZVyae

Modding the BIOS is super easy to do as long as you read the instructions.

There is another step that most guides don't show you, and that is modding the driver to not do a BIOS check. That is on the polaris flash page that you download it from on the overclock.net site.

I'm getting ~26MH/s per 470 currently.

There is another step that most guides don't show you, and that is modding the driver to not do a BIOS check. That is on the polaris flash page that you download it from on the overclock.net site.

did you mod the RX470 Power Color units that came with our cards in this CyberPower Deal?

I didn't try mine since my intent was to sell them, but my cousin tried and was having trouble getting nicehash to recognize the card after he flashed the bios. He reverted back to the stock firmware and it works perfect.

If you got it working I'll link my cousin to your post to give him insight.

did you mod the RX470 Power Color units that came with our cards in this CyberPower Deal?

I didn't try mine since my intent was to sell them, but my cousin tried and was having trouble getting nicehash to recognize the card after he flashed the bios. He reverted back to the stock firmware and it works perfect.

If you got it working I'll link my cousin to your post to give him insight.

Yes, I got it working with the powercolor cards that came with the cyberpower deal.

The step that is missing from all of the guides from 2016 is to "mod the ATI driver" so it does not do a BIOS check at system startup.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1604567/polaris-bios-editing-rx5xx-rx4xx

see the first drop down called: atikmdag patcher.

Flash BIOS (do not reboot), run patcher, then reboot.

Also, disable crossfire as it messes with the ATI bios save/load utility that you use. I ended up flashing my cards one at a time because I didn't realize that was messing with it.

you can run atikmdag after reboot as well, but then reboot after running. crossfire is automatic, don't think you can disable in bios, so yea flash 1 at a time with just 1 card in pc.

fyi, new bios for the taichi out yesterday.

you can run atikmdag after reboot as well, but then reboot after running. crossfire is automatic, don't think you can disable in bios, so yea flash 1 at a time with just 1 card in pc.

fyi, new bios for the taichi out yesterday.

I wasn't able to do that. My screen went black due to the BIOS not being "signed" or not having the same checksum or something like that.

I could RDP into the box, but no screen would display.

I wasn't able to do that. My screen went black due to the BIOS not being "signed" or not having the same checksum or something like that.

I could RDP into the box, but no screen would display.

think something else was going on then. maybe driver version. I was on latest, didn't do atikmdag patch. Driver manager showed generic microsoft display adapter instead of radeon graphics. ran patch, reboot and device back to radeon graphics.

think something else was going on then. maybe driver version. I was on latest, didn't do atikmdag patch. Driver manager showed generic microsoft display adapter instead of radeon graphics. ran patch, reboot and device back to radeon graphics.

That could be it, I'm not sure though. I downloaded the latest from amd's site after initial install.

could you post or PM me that bios?

well...crud.....

Ebay notified me that my buyer wants a return on the two RX470 cards I sold first. Here is what the return notice says:

TWO AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB - NEW OEM video cards, Hynix, Ethereum 2 DAY FREE SHIP
Item ID:
Order ID:
222577384627-1934314027012
Buyer email:
[omitted]@occomputertechs.com
Sale price:
$614.99
Sale date:
Jul-11-17 17:30:23 PDT
Buyer ID:
won.pa9
Return ID:
Return opened:
Jul-18-17 12:05:58 PDT
Return shipping:
seller pays
Return reason:
Doesn't work or defective
Comments: both cards turn on for 2 seconds, spins and doesn t boot up. I am running corsair 1000 w, gold. Please refund my money

He has 0 feedback score ---
http://www.ebay.com/usr/won.pa9?_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754

So basically I know this guy is either A) lying or B) user error.

I packed them extremely well - anti-static bags, bubble warp, and foam.

I suspect he is simply lying because look at his e-mail address -- @occomputertechs.com -- Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if they actually still work perfectly well and he just wants to return them because he has no skin in the game --- he gets a full and complete refund, and can rebuy another pair of cards at much lower prices since the mining profitability has fallen off.

I thoroughly tested these cards before I sent them.
I checked FAN RPM speeds via manual tuning in AMD wattman, and MSI afterburner. I ran benchmarks that stressed the cards to 100% for hours and made sure everything was stable before I sold them because I didn't want problems. The claim isn't that they were damaged in shipping - it's that he has no display and the fans don't spin - - which simply can't be true.

I sent this reply: (because it doesn't serve me well to start out aggressive in case it is just user error)

Pak, I see your note that you are not seeing the fans spin up. I think we can easily resolve this concern because it is not a failure. The fan spin up is related to heat build up, if there is no heat build up the fans don't spin. I had eight of these cards for sale from four brand new CyberPower systems I pulled them from. All eight fans on these RX470 behaved identically. They all spin a bit when the power is pressed, and then turn off until they have enough heat build up to engage again. this is normal and expected stock RX 470 behavior. As to no display -- let's work through this - because I assure you the cards work perfectly. What display connection are you using? Do you have a six pin PCI-E power connector connected to each card? Did you select the right input mode on the monitor/display? (HDMI/DisplayPort etc). Can you please send a quick video of the cards in action? Based on your e-mail I expect you are a computer shop owner or worker. I would expect you've tried these things, but I can attest with all my integrity, that those cards were new System pull cards - I tested thoroughly before I sent them - and even verified the fans worked under load and were able to be changed using the fan speed tuner in AMD wattman and MSI afterburner. I've been in the IT occupation for nearly 20 years - building many systems for my hobby and day job. I work in Information Security at the [..omitted..]. Those cards worked absolutely perfectly and were brand new system pulls, just as I stated, and I fully expect we can get them working. Please respond to my questions above. My phone number is [...omitted....]. Please call me and I can help you walk through getting the cards working I'm sure.

The problem now of course is I have no ability to prove he's lying or incompetent. If I go after him aggressively - he can simply intentionally break them - pop a capacitor off, or actually break the fan and then send them back in a truly failed state and then I have two broken cards. I have the serial number pictures of course, but even there - he can just swap out the backplates with identical cards if he had defective ones, and send me the defective cards with my backplates attached. There's no real recourse for me here if the buyer lacks integrity.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Last edited:
well...crud.....

Ebay notified me that my buyer wants a return on the two RX470 cards I sold first. Here is what the return notice says:

TWO AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB - NEW OEM video cards, Hynix, Ethereum 2 DAY FREE SHIP
Item ID:
Order ID:
222577384627-1934314027012
Buyer email:
[email protected]
Sale price:
$614.99
Sale date:
Jul-11-17 17:30:23 PDT
Buyer ID:
won.pa9
Return ID:
Return opened:
Jul-18-17 12:05:58 PDT
Return shipping:
seller pays
Return reason:
Doesn't work or defective
Comments: both cards turn on for 2 seconds, spins and doesn t boot up. I am running corsair 1000 w, gold. Please refund my money

He has 0 feedback score ---
http://www.ebay.com/usr/won.pa9?_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754

So basically I know this guy is either A) lying or B) user error.

I packed them extremely well - anti-static bags, bubble warp, and foam.

I suspect he is simply lying because look at his e-mail address -- @occomputertechs.com -- Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if they actually still work perfectly well and he just wants to return them because he has no skin in the game --- he gets a full and complete refund, and can rebuy another pair of cards at much lower prices since the mining profitability has fallen off.

I thoroughly tested these cards before I sent them.
I checked FAN RPM speeds via manual tuning in AMD wattman, and MSI afterburner. I ran benchmarks that stressed the cards to 100% for hours and made sure everything was stable before I sold them because I didn't want problems. The claim isn't that they were damaged in shipping - it's that he has no display and the fans don't spin - - which simply can't be true.

I sent this reply: (because it doesn't serve me well to start out aggressive in case it is just user error)

Pak, I see your note that you are not seeing the fans spin up. I think we can easily resolve this concern because it is not a failure. The fan spin up is related to heat build up, if there is no heat build up the fans don't spin. I had eight of these cards for sale from four brand new CyberPower systems I pulled them from. All eight fans on these RX470 behaved identically. They all spin a bit when the power is pressed, and then turn off until they have enough heat build up to engage again. this is normal and expected stock RX 470 behavior. As to no display -- let's work through this - because I assure you the cards work perfectly. What display connection are you using? Do you have a six pin PCI-E power connector connected to each card? Did you select the right input mode on the monitor/display? (HDMI/DisplayPort etc). Can you please send a quick video of the cards in action? Based on your e-mail I expect you are a computer shop owner or worker. I would expect you've tried these things, but I can attest with all my integrity, that those cards were new System pull cards - I tested thoroughly before I sent them - and even verified the fans worked under load and were able to be changed using the fan speed tuner in AMD wattman and MSI afterburner. I've been in the IT occupation for nearly 20 years - building many systems for my hobby and day job. I work in Information Security at the [..omitted..]. Those cards worked absolutely perfectly and were brand new system pulls, just as I stated, and I fully expect we can get them working. Please respond to my questions above. My phone number is [...omitted....]. Please call me and I can help you walk through getting the cards working I'm sure.

The problem now of course is I have no ability to prove he's lying or incompetent. If I go after him aggressively - he can simply intentionally break them - pop a capacitor off, or actually break the fan and then send them back in a truly failed state and then I have two broken cards. I have the serial number pictures of course, but even there - he can just swap out the backplates with identical cards if he had defective ones, and send me the defective cards with my backplates attached. There's no real recourse for me here if the buyer lacks integrity.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

From what you've said it definitely sounds like a scam. And like you said unfortunately there isn't much you can do... Just hope he either figures it out, or sends you back the cards in proper working order.

sounds like he just wants to return them and is playing dumb. This is why I have a 20% restocking fee.

sounds like he just wants to return them and is playing dumb. This is why I have a 20% restocking fee.
Is that truly an option or just text you put in there? I wonder if it would hold water with ebay?

I said no returns on my auction - but that doesn't make a lick of difference. --- I've read it, and found it to be true first hand -- that "no returns" checkbox just doesn't matter --- ebay has their way, and the seller holds the bag if the buyer complains.

no feedback. member since 2015. apparently 1st ebay purchase and BOTH cards don't work. He must be really bummed! I mean what are the odds? .......ZERO. total scam.

don't think there is much you can do other than have him pay return shipping, the auction had evidence they were working (the nicehash mining pic and you have recent invoice, it's more evidence than his not working statement). once received, verify what you can if he broke them or swapped them. not sure how this plays out in dispute if he did. if they work then refund him minus your shipping costs.

fyi, you may want to remove identifying info in case he googles himself and finds this thread.

good point on the picture - I didn't include a nice hash pic - that's just a screenshot of the generic profitability calculator website - not tied to my particular card, but I do have a screenshot of GPU-Z showing the card stats to verify RAM type.

Also - ebay charges me return shipping - not the buyer. That isn't even an option.

Which in the end - if he didn't actually damage them -- it would be better just to lump the shipping both ways and get them back in perfect condition rather than him intentionally breaking them and sending them back broken if push came to shove.

Darn ebay not allowing us to give a buyer feedback for fraudulent stuff like this. If he chooses to continue down this path -- he'll still have 0 feedback (no negatives) and my wallet will be $50 - $60 lighter.

Well, damn, that sucks, big time.

Last winter, after my home breakin camera gear theft, I made the mistake of doing two, not just one, deals with ebay sellers with zero feedback. One was foreign, and the item never arrived. That was a simple refund process. The other was a zip code/ signature upon package delivery scam. Seller sent empty envelope (instead of a $1300 pro Canon lens I expected) to a nearby business, just to get the delivery confirmation siggy. Took me quite a while and multiple calls to ebay over a three day period to get refunded--even had to file report with Fin-Cen......

Hope it works out for you...but I'm afraid the chances aren't good. You might check the ebay community forums to see if there's any helpful tips/ideas....

Maybe he has and that is why he has no feedback. There is a way to report buyers to Ebay who you believe are abusing the guarantee program. This guy seems to know his way around the program if he is getting you to pay for return shipping. It can't be his first time.

good point on the picture - I didn't include a nice hash pic - that's just a screenshot of the generic profitability calculator website - not tied to my particular card, but I do have a screenshot of GPU-Z showing the card stats to verify RAM type.

Also - ebay charges me return shipping - not the buyer. That isn't even an option.

Which in the end - if he didn't actually damage them -- it would be better just to lump the shipping both ways and get them back in perfect condition rather than him intentionally breaking them and sending them back broken if push came to shove.

Darn ebay not allowing us to give a buyer feedback for fraudulent stuff like this. If he chooses to continue down this path -- he'll still have 0 feedback (no negatives) and my wallet will be $50 - $60 lighter.

Ok! That return shipping on your dime is bullshit! He can get return shipping for free if he activates the "return it on us" program that paypal offers! If he isn't even willing to do that he's a complete little shit! If he uses that method and pays for shipping they will reimburse him afterwards

Is that truly an option or just text you put in there? I wonder if it would hold water with ebay?

I said no returns on my auction - but that doesn't make a lick of difference. --- I've read it, and found it to be true first hand -- that "no returns" checkbox just doesn't matter --- ebay has their way, and the seller holds the bag if the buyer complains.

its an option, though the buyer can push ebay to side with them and override the fee. I use it more as a deterrent than anything...

Okay --- maybe it's option B after all.

He actually called me! We talked for a bit. He told me he wanted a refund, he had four identical cards and two from another shipper worked and my two didn't. I told him that was not really possible if the shipping box wasn't damaged. He said it wasn't damaged at all. He said the cards just didn't work.

I started going through some troubleshooting steps --trying the cards one at a time, making sure the 6 pin power cable was connected, making sure he waited 10 seconds or so for a display popup after a graphics card change for the system to recognize the card. He countered that he was a PC tech too and knew his way around PCs and they were just not working. He kept saying the fans don't spin. I said that's right they wont' spin until it gets under load --- I had eight of these cards I tested - they all behaved the exact same way. A short spin at startup, and nothing more until they are under load - that's by design. He seemed stuck on the idea they should be spinning.

I thought it was not going to end well. I said okay - i'll process your return, but if I catch any funny business going on, like exchanging serial numbers, or intentional damage to the card. I'll charge you with fraud. My neighbor and friend is a lawyer. (which is absolutely true). He said no he wouldn't do that kind of thing he's just a business that has customers and bought these cards for a customer and needs the money freed up or working cards. I said okay i'll process your request.

I then called eBay. ebay said don't process the return request until you document the troubleshooting steps in e-mail (and avoid talking on the phone because they can't be witness to the exchange), eBay told me that in 3 days if we hadn't reached a solution the eBay team would evaluate the communication back and forth and make a decision, and it could be in my favor if things seemed illegitimate. (it didn't just HAVE to go the buyers way if they could see the trust was in the seller's camp). They said try to document the situation, have him send you pictures, have him do the troubleshooting via the official return request communication channel and see where that goes.

About the time I got off the phone with eBay I noticed I missed another call. It was Pak, I called him back and he said he got them working, when he tried again after my call. He said he didn't know why they weren't working at first, but they are working now, he still questioned the fans, because it was in Windows, but they weren't spinning. I told him to load up a game or a benchmark and they would start spinning.

He said he'd test them for a couple days and let me know if they continued to work without issue. He asked me to consider his perspective. He bought these cards to resell to a customer and needs them to be fully functional, and that he's been scammed with broken stuff as a business on regular occasion and just didn't want to deal with it.

I get it, and I'm not trying to screw anyone either. It sounds like it will all work out, Thank God. I don't expect the cards to have any problem, because I thoroughly stress tested them - so I think we are good. It appears he is trying to be genuine too with the two phone calls. Frankly, it's good to just talk to someone over the phone and work out the differences sometimes. Probably gave us both confidence to talk to the other person and hear it didn't sound like either of us was trying to screw the other party.

Good deal. Maybe he initiated the return process before he had thoroughly troubleshooted the issue. hopefully you don't hear back from him again!

Back