How to get a Ryzen 1700 and motherboard for free -- (buy a System - sell off extra parts on eBay)

At least they got the right direction for your fans. In mine they put the two front fans blowing out so along with the rear one all fans were blowing out nothing blowing in.

My first system arrived tonight and it's amazing looking if I do say so myself.

The case was actually bolted into the THICK inside cardboard box! (Just shy of a wood crate!)

Hats off to CyberPowerPC on the amazing packing job and nice wiring (even though I didn't pay for the wiring uograde)

One thing they got wrong though is that they didn't plug the radiator pump into the option CPU pump header. Instead they plugged it into CPU fan header 1. It worked, but isn't really appropriate. (Since the pump header has more amperage just for that purpose!)
View attachment 30103 View attachment 30104 View attachment 30105 View attachment 30106
this guy... pc parts all over the joint.. lol

Pretty nice, fellas. I got my shipping notice today... at least the first of two packages---delivery is for Thursday...

fyi, the rx 470's are no longer an option at cyberpowerpc. actually the whole rx 400 series family are gone. also don't bother trying to price a dual card deal as they've gotten wise and they're asking ebay prices for the 2nd card. hahaha

It should rebound, it has taken a hit though I guess we'l see how this plays out. The real ticker will be if card price start dropping heavily on ebay.

It's not what we hoped for, but i sold my first pair of RX 470 cards.

I started at $700 for the pair last night and just kept lowering the price by $5 or $10 throughout the day until the pair sold.

I got $615 for the pair and have to pay shipping. So $80ish in eBay and paypal fees = $615 * .13 = $80

$615 - $80 = $535 + whatever it costs me to ship the two cards 2nd day (since that's on me).

I'll probably net $250 per card.

Still, six more to sell. Four more came tonight in two systems. Two more later this week in my last System.

It's not what we hoped for, but i sold my first pair of RX 470 cards.

I started at $700 for the pair last night and just kept lowering the price by $5 or $10 throughout the day until the pair sold.

I got $615 for the pair and have to pay shipping. So $80ish in eBay and paypal fees = $615 * .13 = $80

$615 - $80 = $535 + whatever it costs me to ship the two cards 2nd day (since that's on me).

I'll probably net $250 per card.

Still, six more to sell. Four more came tonight in two systems. Two more later this week in my last System.
poop.. I maybe just try to be stubborn and hold out.. lol

probably closer to $260 net by my estimate. prices seem to be holding actually rather well considering.

you might want to try for an auction that ends on a Sunday evening between 9pm EDT +/- an hour. even buy it now auctions should get a bit better price on weekends.

Last edited:
probably closer to $260 net by my estimate. prices seem to be holding actually rather well considering.

you might want to try for an auction that ends on a Sunday evening between 9pm EDT +/- an hour. even buy it now auctions should get a bit better price on weekends.

indeed, unless I need a quick sale, I ALWAYS have my listiings end around 9pm sunday.

How much were you hoping to net per card?

well - when I ordered these things (3 weeks ago) RX 470 cards were selling for $370ish fairly regularly. I put $325 on my calculation expecting it to be a worst case scenario. (and actually ended up selling my first pair for $615)

----

now the high water mark is more like $330ish.

Of course there is stupid out there - like the person that paid $616 for a single RX 470 card a couple days ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Sapphir...epid=0&hash=item3d3e04cea6:g:sNAAAOSwHoFXqu7B

And then there is lucky out there like the person that paid $90 for two used RX 470 a couple days ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-XFX-rx-...619534&hash=item3d40f4a9ef:g:INoAAOSwf~9ZZR4z

But the median right now is probably about $300 per card. (MSI's seem to command the highest value)
Vs. maybe $370 median three weeks ago.

These are ball park figures for discussion, not calculated -- just guesstimated - based on my closely watching sold ebay sale prices.

further evidence:

For instance - when I listed my RX 470 - you know how ebay estimates what you should list your item for based on previous sale prices? It told me to list it for $370 each (when I listed my first pair two days ago) -- however - unless you are very lucky - nobody is paying $370 for these cards right now. (with mining profits down 75% in the last 3 weeks)

Ebay and paypal take 13% -- which on $600 bucks for two cards is ~$80 bucks.

so at this point probably netting $250 or $260 per card isn't bad. You might get lucky and get more -- but that's what it is -- luck.

Still isn't bad -- it means you got the rest of the system for $500ish...which is still a great price considering.
but darn that three week shipping wait -- and the recent mining crash!!!

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Shipping in my two cards was under $10 bathe buyer was only and hour or two away though. Oddly the package went from MD to NC to be delivered to VA. Makes no sense.

mine shipped yesterday, 2 packages, 1 35lbs, 1 3lbs. did anyone else get 2 boxes?

Yea, PC in the 35lb box and accessories in the second box if you ordered a keyboard. Without the keyboard they would put motherboard, gpu, case accessories in a box within the pc box.

mine shipped yesterday, 2 packages, 1 35lbs, 1 3lbs. did anyone else get 2 boxes?
three of mine are coming with two boxes.

one with one.

The Thermaltake P3's came with two boxes. The corsair 570x came with one -- but the corsair box was inside a bigger cyberpower box which had room for the motherboard box and the two keyboards.

Post some pics of these PCs, I am curious to see how they did on the cable management.

Mine arrived today.. I'll post some pictures here in a few...
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG

Not too shabby... I bought a 1050ti to replace the 470's.. Need to really look over and see what I am potentially missing.. Only had like 10 minutes to look at it before I had to head back to work..

View attachment 30344 View attachment 30345 View attachment 30346 View attachment 30347 View attachment 30348

Not too shabby... I bought a 1050ti to replace the 470's.. Need to really look over and see what I am potentially missing.. Only had like 10 minutes to look at it before I had to head back to work..
and... the bastards sent me a defective power supply.. sigh.. pulled the 470's to another system to make sure they work.. and they do... put a 1050ti in the cyberpowerpc system and it works.. appears the PCI-E connections are fubared... Guess I will be calling up tomorrow to complain and also while I am at get some extra of the black brackets for the tower... still need to see what else they forget lol

also, those are the 3 free fans? Where is the stock fan for the AIO? I expected the AIO fan on the rad, and the 3 free fans as intakes.

Is this dead now that there aren't any 470s?

Pretty much

IMO you can still get a nice machine from cyberpower and they still have daily deals, but the lucrative free RX470 upgrade + a second one for +91 was the big stimulus of this thread.

also, those are the 3 free fans? Where is the stock fan for the AIO? I expected the AIO fan on the rad, and the 3 free fans as intakes.

Cyberpower is very liberal on what is free or not. The way I read my invoice the Riing fans were supposed to be in addition to the default fans. However, they appear to interpret it as substitute. It seems in Novacloud's case it doesn't have room for more so wherever they could put a fan they put the Riing fan.

Is this dead now that there aren't any 470s?

deal died two weeks ago.

Mining is picking back up a smidge in profits over the last couple days, so maybe the rx470 value isn't going to fall off the proverbial cliff immediately after all.

Also on the three systems I have and my cousins system too, they must just have a big pile of 120mm fans that they grab from.

The fans don't match the case brand, which seems atypical.

They do a really good job on wiring even without paying the extra $19 for wire management. All three of mine so far have really well done wire management with zip ties and routing, and I didn't pay the upcharge for professional wiring on any of mine. If I had paid for pro wiring, and got what i got I would still be satisfied.

>>appears the PCI-E connections are fubared...

What happened?
As soon as I plug them in to any PCI-E graphic cards, I get display corruption.. all sorts of pretty colors.. Might as well be tripping on acid.. I am guessing the power supply is no good.. I swapped out the power supply and everything works fine.. just my luck..

As soon as I plug them in to any PCI-E graphic cards, I get display corruption.. all sorts of pretty colors.. Might as well be tripping on acid.. I am guessing the power supply is no good.. I swapped out the power supply and everything works fine.. just my luck..

umm, that happened to mine. the display distortion like it's trippin on acid. I gave the power supply some time to warm up. rebooted several times and eventually was able to see bios, save and reboot. then all worked. it's been mining almost 24/7 since over a week now, no further probs. I wasn't sure if it was the PSU or the motherboard, now I know.

Ugh, UPS forgot to put my delivery on their truck yesterday morning, so I get to wait another day to get it....

umm, that happened to mine. the display distortion like it's trippin on acid. I gave the power supply some time to warm up. rebooted several times and eventually was able to see bios, save and reboot. then all worked. it's been mining almost 24/7 since over a week now, no further probs. I wasn't sure if it was the PSU or the motherboard, now I know.

NovaCloud

Taichi motherboard by chance?

I had this problem on both my Taichi boards that came with my CyberPower systems until I updated my bios.
Just smash delete upon pressing power to get into the BIOS. (you can read the screen once it loads into the BIOS, or boots to windows)

Get into the BIOS and do the online bios update. (you don't have to do it through the OS). Problem fixed.

My cousins' Taichi had the same issue too. I'm surprised they don't update the BIOS's on any of these boards when building. (but probably don't want to waste the time).

If you had the OS installed you probably wouldn't know or care, because ultra fast boot skips the BIOS screen anyway. I assume that's how they configured it if an OS was installed (but I bought mine without OSes)

NovaCloud

Taichi motherboard by chance?

I had this problem on both my Taichi boards that came with my CyberPower systems until I updated my bios.
Just smash delete upon pressing power to get into the BIOS. (you can read the screen once it loads into the BIOS, or boots to windows)

Get into the BIOS and do the online bios update. (you don't have to do it through the OS). Problem fixed.

My cousins' Taichi had the same issue too. I'm surprised they don't update the BIOS's on any of these boards when building. (but probably don't want to waste the time).

If you had the OS installed you probably wouldn't know or care, because ultra fast boot skips the BIOS screen anyway. I assume that's how they configured it if an OS was installed (but I bought mine without OSes)
I would agree with you but I was able to install an OS all the way thru.. when it booted into windows, I still had the display corruption.. As soon as I swapped out the graphics card to a 1050ti, it went away. I then took each 470 and plugged them in, one at a time, and the display corruption would come back. I put the 470's in my other main desktop build and they booted fine in windows with no display corruption. Swapped out the 1000W power supply with a 1250W XM2 that I had around and bam... both 470's boot up without a hitch.. poop.. lol..

note* the 1050ti I have does not require a PCI-E 6pin connection so it gets its power straight from the PCI-E x16 slot..

Back