How to get a Ryzen 1700 and motherboard for free -- (buy a System - sell off extra parts on eBay)

Anyone minding posting some pics of their systems they got? and some of the accessories and packaging?

The cards are AMD branded Powercolor as was mentioned. Packaging was good and my Taichi wifi antennas where included. The RGB mechanical keyboard is. Steal for $5.

Is this the card?
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131696
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PowerColor-...928319?hash=item2a867c6f3f:g:WfIAAOSwVJhZVodG It sold for $316 inc shipping

I'm thinking of putting an ad with pics, of course, on craigslist, as soon as I get the shipping notice.

Also, the last 13 470's on ebay went off at an appx average of at least 330 bucks, shipping included. Only one went for under $300.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The cards are AMD branded Powercolor as was mentioned. Packaging was good and my Taichi wifi antennas where included. The RGB mechanical keyboard is. Steal for $5.

The case has 2 or 3 cyber power logos and text I could do without and the CPU block has a big CP logo in red/orange :(. I'll change it out for an air cooler at some point.

One thing I didn't think of is I had to find some PCIE slot covers since I removed 4 slots worth of cards and the card I put in is single slot. Now I need some white covers or it will drive me nuts.

File a ticket through their website under "lost in shipping" and request the 4 expansion slot covers for your case (let them know model again, even though form requests order #). I did and got a reply that leads me to believe they are already in the mail. Can do this for anything they may have forgotten, including antennas.

I put in some black ones and just alternated white and black. I got the white NZXT S340. Overall they did a pretty good job with cable management and the Taichi is a good looking board. The Asetek CLC is keeping the chip around 27C at idle.

As to the logos, I assume they are vinyl stickers I'll have to pick at them and see if they will come off. The front one isn't bad just a black CP logo and they have CYBERPOWER in lettering down the cable hiding bar inside the case. The only one that is really bothersome is the one on the CPU block.

I did just email them as I only had 2 of the 3 extra case fans (they only offer 3x fans and there is no more room in the S340 for another) so I either want them to send it to me or refund me $9.33.

I installed Asrocks LED program so my wife has some white LEDs breathing in her PC whether she likes it or not :)

After I installed the old HD 7750 it worked just fine, I updated the drivers but probably didn't need to.

Attachments

• IMG_3120.JPG
    IMG_3120.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3122.JPG
    IMG_3122.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3124.JPG
    IMG_3124.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 37
Cards have sold!

I listed them both at $675 probably could have got another $15-$25 but didn't want to risk them sitting; net will be $588 and system ends up being $370. The X370 Tachi board and Ryzen 1400 are worth about that much alone. Actually according to PCPP the same system would cost me $977 to build including all the peripherals. Obviously you could spec different parts to make it better and cheaper (a 255 watt system does not need a 1000w Gold PSU).

Last edited:
Schweet! Mind posting the link to your completed auction? I've been watching auctions, not buy it now, so that may be why I didn't see it.

If anyone is willing to sell their cards for a bit cheaper in order to avoid ebay fees (10%), shoot me a PM.

I'm going to test out my local craigslist. My PC is now in the build phase, so it won't arrive for a week or more. Based on the dearth of 470's here, on CL, only a few 480's and 5x0's, etc, I'm hoping to get about $280-300....

That said, let's hope the coin market prices stop the plunge or, better, heat up, or the market for these cards might cool.

Last edited:
Not the best photos as its under my wife's desk with the panel on but it will give you the idea. The last is the RGB mechanical keyboard that I took for my PC.

Attachments

• IMG_3127.JPG
    IMG_3127.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3133.JPG
    IMG_3133.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3132.JPG
    IMG_3132.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3134.JPG
    IMG_3134.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 34
Mine still haven't come yet, but my cousins did. He doesn't post here, but here is one of his machines. He bought 5. ;) This is a thermaltake p3 config. Intel X99 based system. Intel 6800k.

There was also a good deal on the intel systems one day in particular. I configured one, bought it, and sent him the config link, he bought the identical config, and somehow got his before I got mine. At least i know what one of mine will look like. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    282.1 KB · Views: 29
Thanks. I have asked Steve (Cyberpower contact) if the extra connecting cables--mb and pwr supply--would be included. He said they would. Hopefully that is the case.

Here's a review of that PSU.... perhaps discontinued, but retail was $230.
https://www.eteknix.com/thortech-thunderbolt-1200w-semi-modular-power-supply-review/6/

Johnny Guru PSU gave the Thunderbolt Thortech 1200 watt modular PSU (many of us bundled in these Cyber Power systems) a 9 out of 10 score.
It was capable of delivering the full 1200 watts spec'ed for, and even did so successfully in the hotbox test at 50*c, with the air pouring out of the power supply at 56* C.

It has solid Japanese caps and is under the Geil brand. He says it is good for the money at $269.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=222

Not bad at all for a $16 upgrade option.

Yup. It's a good review!
There is another review for what might be a different 1200W Thortech that is very negative.
No matter to me, I'll probably try to sell it... I did get a good semi mod Thermaltake 750 for $50 after a rebate..That's for the other old new build I'm putting together. but could always find another 750--or 850, which might be enough if I decide to run 3 cards in one PC for mining

Johnny Guru PSU gave the Thunderbolt Thortech 1200 watt modular PSU (many of us bundled in these Cyber Power systems) a 9 out of 10 score.
It was capable of delivering the full 1200 watts spec'ed for, and even did so successfully in the hotbox test at 50*c, with the air pouring out of the power supply at 56* C.

It has solid Japanese caps and is under the Geil brand. He says it is good for the money at $269.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=222

Not bad at all for a $16 upgrade option.

wish I had seen that before getting the 750w EVGA. Oh well.

there was no free 1000w gold psu, it was a $16 upgrade. The 1200w Thortech was a +$124 upgrade. The 1000w is Atng brand.

there was no free 1000w gold psu, it was a $16 upgrade. The 1200w Thortech was a +$124 upgrade. The 1000w is Atng brand.

--my bad - I'm sorry for the confusion - he's right!

I got the 1000 watt PSU ($16 upgrade) in two of my machines. We've been told these are Rosewills, but has anyone confirmed yet?
then the 800 watt Thortech Thunderbolt in one (+ $41)
and the 1200 watt Thortech Thunderbolt in one (+124)

(I went with the modular PSU's for cosmetics on my Thermaltake P3 cases - since there is no PSU shroud.)

I'll let you guys know what the 1kW PSU is as mine is coming this Tuesday. Ugh the wait is the hardest part right now.

Pretty sure you are right mine has the blue PCIE connectors like that one. Johnny Guru doesn't have a review for it but since it is usually re-branded I think this is probably close, 1000w, Gold cert ATNG PSU by Fractal: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=347

I believe you are right as well, especially since the label on the side has the same numbers. Looks like the only differences i can spot is this unit from cyberpower has 4 x 6+2 pcie cables and 2 x 6 pins pcie connections while this one from the jonnyguru review has 6 x 6+2 pcie connections and more sata connections?

I'm just happy its not a crap PSU, I'm only using 1/3rd of its power potential so it should hopefully last a good long time.

Pretty sure you are right mine has the blue PCIE connectors like that one. Johnny Guru doesn't have a review for it but since it is usually re-branded I think this is probably close, 1000w, Gold cert ATNG PSU by Fractal: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=347

This Fractal PSU goes for $178.82 on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-1000-Watt-Certified-FD-PSU-TS2B-1000W/dp/B009LHF4YU. So why isn't anyone buying the ebay one for 1/2 the price and it's in stock?

FYI, does seem like Atng mostly makes PSUs for other brands like Rosewill, Enlight and Corsair.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Super Flower and Seasonic make PSU's for other brands. I think Super flower did very little SF branded PSU's until somewhat recently.

A $60 500w Seasonic would have been my choice had Cyperpower offered it for similar price.

They must get major discounts on a lot of these parts, I wonder how many systems they churn out a month? I assume cyber power and Ibuypower have the same parent company.

I was expecting crap cable management but overall it was about as good as I'd have done other than getting cable extensions of course.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When trying to sell any product it comes down to wording. If I were parting most of the system (say if I was upgrading mobo/RAM/CPU only) I'd find a number of other "Name Brand" PSU's that match wattage/certification and just rebrand ATNG units and push that angle.

It's a bit of a hard sell since no one has heard of them before. There are a number of companies that just make parts for system builders whether Dell or cyberpower.

My system came in the mail, here's what the inside looks like.

DSC_1143.JPG

You guys were right about the PSU. Nevertheless it looks to be of decent quality (based on JonnyGURU's review).

Another thing I just noticed is that I didn't get the included (3) 120mm Thermaltake Riing 12 Series High Static Pressure fans.

Looks good. Do they ship the cards outside of the case to avoid damage? Or does it all come pre-assembled?

Looks good. Do they ship the cards outside of the case to avoid damage? Or does it all come pre-assembled?

Comes pre-assembled. They used that Instapak Foam Packaging to keep everything from moving. The accessories and other items (if you ordered other stuff) comes in another box.

Not a fan of the exhaust radiator. Other than that looks pretty good though.

My first system arrived tonight and it's amazing looking if I do say so myself.

The case was actually bolted into the THICK inside cardboard box! (Just shy of a wood crate!)

Hats off to CyberPowerPC on the amazing packing job and nice wiring (even though I didn't pay for the wiring uograde)

One thing they got wrong though is that they didn't plug the radiator pump into the option CPU pump header. Instead they plugged it into CPU fan header 1. It worked, but isn't really appropriate. (Since the pump header has more amperage just for that purpose!)
IMG_0042.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG

Back