How to get a Ryzen 1700 and motherboard for free -- (buy a System - sell off extra parts on eBay)

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
EDIT 6-27 -
Today's deal is free 3TB drive upgrade.

Here is a good starting system = $1087 - 5% coupon & free shipping.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JTJ2F

EDIT 6-22

The deal is even Sweeter today! CyberPower PC is running a $50 off Ryzen system Instant coupon today:

Here's a couple links I'd recommend to get you started for today's best deal, (IMO) - while trying to keep close to the $1K price to take the most advantage of the 5% off coupon:

$960 shipped (16GB RAM) - about as cheap as system as you can get to use the 5% (spring0410) coupon!
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JT6C0

$1050 shipped (upgraded Corsair 570x computer case, and upgraded ASRock Tachi motherboard, but just 8GB RAM -(figured you'd want to replace the RAM anyway if upgrading the motherboard)) (again with spring0410 coupon for 5% more off).
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JT6B1

Prices for the pair of RX470 you will sell off to make this deal work are still unnaturally high on eBay due to miner demand: (recent sold listings for RX470 are still well above $300)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=RX470&_dcat=27386&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=1000%7C1500%7C2000%7C2500%7C3000

-----------------------------------

EDIT 6-23 -

Deal today is for a free upgrade to 16GB of RAM -- here's a good baseline config to start from:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JT8X6
Use Sprint0410 coupon code for an additional 5% off $1,000
Awesome machine for $1010 after coupon code!

-------------------------------------

Figure after selling the included two RX470 on eBay including fees, the graphics cards should net at the very minimum $600!

So those two GPU sales alone make your purchase price $400 or even $350.

For that $350 or $400 you get:
a 1000W Gold Rated power supply ($100),
a nice well reviewed X370 mobo($150),
a nice case ($80),
3 extra RGB fans($40),
240GB SSD ($50), 16GB DDR ram ($100),
Ryzen 1700 8 core CPU ($300),
Mechanical keyboard ($100),
AC WiFi dongle ($10),
Closed loop liquid cooler ($60). (and extra cyberpower branded keyboard and mouse)
The remaining stuff totals out over $1k in street price from amazon or newegg.

ORIGINAL POST:

In this thread someone mentioned a great deal at CyberPower. Start with a $779 system ($500) off for a early fourth of July Sale.

https://hardforum.com/threads/rever...00-now-on-ebay.1935822/page-6#post-1043069189

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Early-July-4th-Special-II

customize to your heart s content, but add the free upgrade to RX470, and then buy a second one for an additional $119. That's key to getting about $600 to $650 back of the purchase price by selling both RX470 on ebay for $325 each (inflated prices due to the miner craze)

And then piecemeal off the rest of the parts on ebay you don't need.

They are giving away options on these things right now at CyberPower PC.
Very cheap $13 SSD HD upgrade, then free 3TB hard-drive upgrade if you upgraded to an SSD.
Free 3x Thermaltake Ring LED fans if you buy a Thermaltake case
1000 watt gold rated powersupply upgrade for $16 bucks
$5 mechanical keyboard upgrade
$3 gaming mouse
$5 USB AC WiFi fob
$0 mouse pad
Free Corsair H60 CLC water cooling upgrade.
Use coupon code spring0410 for 5% off 1,000 or more
Currently there is free shipping in the U.S. (and no tax)

Drop the OS to save $60 bucks off the purchase price (then buy an OS from one of the CDKEYs.com or kinguin type sites for $15 or $30 bucks. (https://www.kinguin.net/category/15019/windows/ or https://www.scdkey.com/)

Then sell your current motherboard, RAM and CPU for whatever that's worth...to finish the deal.

At any rate --- if you sell all this stuff on eBay -- it'll boil out to basically be a a free Ryzen 1700 and motherboard. I chose the ASRock Fatil1ty x370 Gaming K4 because I wanted the ability to do SLI or Crossfire. (And I wanted the upgraded onboard soundcard codecs) If you don't need dual GPU, you could save more with a B350 board option.

Anyway --- this is my take on it. I'm not the original deal finder --- just someone who took advantage of the opportunity and posting it here for others willing to do a little eBay legwork to save quite a bit of money.

Early July 4th Special II (NO MONITOR)

• *BASE_PRICE: [+779]
  • BLKFRISALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Kontact Blue Switches and Programmable RGB LED Lighting [+5]
  • BLKFRISALE2: TP-LINK 802.11AC Archer T2U AC600 Wireless Dual Band, 2.4GHz 150Mbps/5Ghz 433Mbps USB Adapter [+5]
  • BLKFRISALE3: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
  • CAS: Thermaltake View 27 black Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Gull-Wing Window Skylight View + 4x RED Riing Fans [+17]
  • CD: None [-13]
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz [3.7GHz Turbo] Eight-Core 16MB L3 Cache 65W Processor [+170]
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
  • FREEBIE_CS: 3X 120mm Thermaltake Riing 12 Series High Static Pressure 120mm Case/Radiator Fan (Red Color LED)
  • FREEBIE_HD: Free 3TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive with Single SSD Purchase for all Desktops
  • HDD: 240GB WD Green SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read and 465MB/s Write [+13] (Single Drive)
  • KEYBOARD: None [-5]
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X370 Gaming K4 AM4 ATX w/ RGB, Intel LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+52]
  • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply [+16]
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB GDDR5 Video Card (Dual Card (CrossFireX) [+119])
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • _PRICE: (+1098)
$1,098.00 × 1 $1,098.00
Coupon: SPRING0410 (5% Discount) $-54.90
Subtotal: $1,043.10
Sales Tax (N/A): $0.00
Shipping: (UPS Ground): $75.00
(Shipping Discount): $-75.00
Grand Total: $1,043.10

---------------------------------
Let me lay it out a different way. Basically I upgrade my current Desktop PC and come out about $700-$800 ahead by buying this thing and jumping through some hoops of selling stuff on eBay or Craigslist...
Ryzen System.JPG

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
its nice that you dont have to pay 10% fees to ebay, another 3% to paypal and factoring the shipping costs.

its nice that you dont have to pay 10% fees to ebay and another 3% to paypal.

Craigslist it then. 13% less $ 770 upside is still plenty of upside if you use ebay. I personally prefer eBay over selling on Craigslist. I get 8% and 10% off selling fees via eBay bucks activation codes fairly regularly anymore. One could even sell the parts they don't need on the classified section here.

This is a great price even if you just want a full System. Buy it, sell off the two RX470, and buy a Nvidia 1080 or 1080 TI with the proceeds.
---
Or even just buy it to mine crypto currency. With the two 470 cards it might pay for itself in totality in 6-8 months.

Last edited:
40 dollars for a Gold 1000w PSU? Can it go higher?
Sure
I tried to be realistic with my expectations. I've sold several psus on eBay over the years and perhaps its antecdotal, but I've always gotten pretty miserable returns on them. Depending on model they include, yes it could be higher. ( I don't suspect lower though).

What's the shipping time like? I order some 580 from Dell a couple weeks ago and had to cancel them because their supplier was OOS. They didn't know when I'd actually get anything.

Shippings says 5-10 business days usually..

as for the free 3tb hard drive deal, appears that was only good for 24 hrs.. but usually they replace one with another.. still a killer deal though..

Curious to know if anyone has had a machine with this configuration delivered yet, and/or if it will arrive while the mining HW premium exists.

Shippings says 5-10 business days usually..

as for the free 3tb hard drive deal, appears that was only good for 24 hrs.. but usually they replace one with another.. still a killer deal though..
Expected delivery for me is 7-3. Same for you?

Here is the daily deal list
It looks like with all the discounts on the X99 board that might be a way to baseline your system today?

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/page/MegaSpecial/

I've got to think the sheer amount of options at cyberpower pc is almost detrimental to their primary consumer as it is it's layed out like a microcenter in store experience. Fantastic for the knowledgeable tech nerd to have so many options, but I imagine completely overwhelming for someone who doesn't follow hardware and just wants to "trust" that the vendor (who knows the field) is picking out for them the best components for the price in each class. As it is, you pretty much have to look up reviews on every item in every class to plot your customization course. I haven't ever bought anything from cyberpower pc, but I'm surprised this business model works best for them.

Also their margins appear to be razor thin to downright upside down.

It reminds me of this phrase;

"We lose money on every sale but we make up for it with quantity."

They are basically charging nothing to put together the pc and test it and send it out the door. Component prices are in line with Amazon or Newegg, and all the freebies are like a generous set of grandparents.

You'll only charge $19 to professionally clean wire all cables? You'll only charge $19 to guarantee "X" overclock? Who's building these things? That's certainty not the way most business margins are run.

Last edited:
The 3TB deal seems to have ended?
yeah it looks like today's freebee is a free 500GB SSD upgrade from a 250GB SSD.
The rest of the stuff is all still present from yesterday's deal. Including the most important aspect to make the deal work -- the pair of RX470's you can sell on ebay at inflated value.

Here is the config I ordered (only difference is the lack of 3TB spinning drive offer ended) (make sure and use 5% off coupon - spring0410)
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JT463

This is with the upgraded cost ASRock Fatal1ty K4 X370 motherboard. It allows for Crossfire or SLI, and has the upgraded soundcard codec - (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec) that the cheaper boards don't seem to have. It was reviewed well at tweaktown, and seems to be the cheapest motherboqard with all the desirable features (except WiFi --- but we are adding a $5 USB AC WiFI key so it's moot)

You could save money if you don't care about the upgraded soundcard and don't need SLI or Crossfire by swapping out to a cheaper B350 board.

You also could save money by going to a 1600 Ryzen (lose two CPU cores for $94 less (6 core vs 8 core)) But you need to keep the price above $1k to get the extra 5% off -- so that's about as cheap as you could go.
with 1600 Ryzen Chip at $1004. (then use 5% off coupon - spring 0410)
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JT46D

If you don't want to mess with overclocking you could get the 1600x.

----------

You can play around with the config a bit from there. downgrade power supply to save a bit, upgrade RAM to spend a bit, increase RAM from 8GB to 16GB to spend a bit, change gaming chassis to your preference to alter price. (To change case away from a Thermaltake case you'll need to remove the freebie 3X 120MM Thermaltake Riing Fans). Also you may or may not want a Disk ROM. It's not included in my configs. It's like $12 more.

Last edited:
Make sure you look at RX470 prices on eBay before jumping into this. Sold prices on completed auction are going down. Don't expect to get $325 per card by the time the PC shows up.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Make sure you look at RX470 prices on eBay before jumping into this. Sold prices on completed auction are going down. Don't expect to get $325 per card by the time the PC shows up.

I think 325 is a fair estimate for it. I see them going around 340 for the week.

I ordered the 1600, 240gb + 3tb hdd, +500gb m.2 with 2 470s for 1002 - 5% = $952 shipped. Can't complain.

Here is the daily deal list
It looks like with all the discounts on the X99 board that might be a way to baseline your system today?

I've got to think the sheer amount of options at cyberpower pc is almost detrimental to their primary consumer as it is it's layed out like a microcenter in store experience. Fantastic for the knowledgeable tech nerd to have so many options, but I imagine completely overwhelming for someone who doesn't follow hardware and just wants to "trust" that the vendor (who knows the field) is picking out for them the best components for the price in each class. As it is, you pretty much have to look up reviews on every item in every class to plot your customization course. I haven't ever bought anything from cyberpower pc, but I'm surprised this business model works best for them.

Also their margins appear to be razor thin to downright upside down.

It reminds me of this phrase;

"We lose money on every sale but we make up for it with quantity."

They are basically charging nothing to put together the pc and test it and send it out the door. Component prices are in line with Amazon or Newegg, and all the freebies are like a generous set of grandparents.

You'll only charge $19 to professionally clean wire all cables? You'll only charge $19 to guarantee "X" overclock? Who's building these things? That's certainty not the way most business margins are run.

I used to work for a company that worked on a potential merger with Cyberpower, and I can tell you that they pump out quite a few machines each day, most of them pretty basic specs wise. At the part quantities they work with, they're definitely getting parts way cheaper than any online retailer will offer to an individual customer. On top of that, their processes are quite refined. I'm sure they're not losing money on each machine, I'm just not sure how much they actually make.

Edit: Your eBay sales prices don't appear to take into account the cost of doing business on eBay, which is a factor.

I used to work for a company that worked on a potential merger with Cyberpower, and I can tell you that they pump out quite a few machines each day, most of them pretty basic specs wise. At the part quantities they work with, they're definitely getting parts way cheaper than any online retailer will offer to an individual customer. On top of that, their processes are quite refined. I'm sure they're not losing money on each machine, I'm just not sure how much they actually make.

Edit: Your eBay sales prices don't appear to take into account the cost of doing business on eBay, which is a factor.
Lots of 50% ebay seller fees coupons coming out though.. seems like i get them everyweek..

I jumped in on this deal since I was itching for a new computer upgrade anyways and with all the freebies that got added, it seems like a warmish deal as a prebuilt if I don't sell the parts.

I do have a question that disturbs me: How would you mitigate the huge seller risk on eBay, since PayPal gives the buyer a 180-day window of 'returns/warranty/refund on your behalf', thus they can return the parts for a refund for any reason?

I do have a question that disturbs me: How would you mitigate the huge seller risk on eBay, since PayPal gives the buyer a 180-day window of 'returns/warranty/refund on your behalf', thus they can return the parts for a refund for any reason?

PayPal changed their return policy to 60 days so it's not as much of an issue but if you're worried about a buyer scamming you then sell it locally.

I jumped in on this deal since I was itching for a new computer upgrade anyways and with all the freebies that got added, it seems like a warmish deal as a prebuilt if I don't sell the parts.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that long. I've never had this issue on eBay in the hundred/s of items I've sold. Good to know it's even 60 days. So if you say all sales final, no returns -- doesn't matter eh?

Wow, I didn't realize it was that long. I've never had this issue on eBay in the hundred/s of items I've sold. Good to know it's even 60 days. So if you say all sales final, no returns -- doesn't matter eh?

Doesn't matter one bit, they always take the buyers side. It's why eBay/PayPal are garbage services.

So if you say all sales final, no returns -- doesn't matter eh?
Correct. Putting "no returns, all sales final" means jack when eBay sides with the buyer regardless. The best thing to prevent fraud is to take pictures of everything, including the serial if possible. Sometimes a buyer may swap out the part for a defective one and return that instead. I had sold some SO-DIMM DDR4 over a month ago on eBay and the buyer said it wouldn't work on any of his laptops. When I asked for pics he posted the sides that didn't show the serial. So I asked to take a picture of the other side, haven't heard back since.

Lots of 50% ebay seller fees coupons coming out though.. seems like i get them everyweek..

Ehh, given the hassle and the minimal amount you'd make, I don't think it's worth the effort, but that's just me ;).

Correct. Putting "no returns, all sales final" means jack when eBay sides with the buyer regardless. The best thing to prevent fraud is to take pictures of everything, including the serial if possible. Sometimes a buyer may swap out the part for a defective one and return that instead. I had sold some SO-DIMM DDR4 over a month ago on eBay and the buyer said it wouldn't work on any of his laptops. When I asked for pics he posted the sides that didn't show the serial. So I asked to take a picture of the other side, haven't heard back since.

Someone posted something about processing their own credit cards instead of using PayPal, and apparently that's a lot more effective in terms of dealing with shitty buyers.

processing own credit cards I believe requires an internet merchant account which requires a business and ultimately gets involved with taxes. please correct me if it is much simpler than this.

Someone posted something about processing their own credit cards instead of using PayPal, and apparently that's a lot more effective in terms of dealing with shitty buyers.

Couldn't a shady buyer initialize a CC chargeback?

processing own credit cards I believe requires an internet merchant account which requires a business and ultimately gets involved with taxes. please correct me if it is much simpler than this.

It might be slightly simpler but it's still something you have to have set up, which unless you regularly sell things, it doesn't make sense.

Yes, but it's not as easy for a buyer to screw the seller out of money + item if the seller has everything in order, as it is with PayPal.

PayPal will ban you for life on that. My cousin experienced this 10 years back or so. Not sure if it's the same. Anyway you guys are talking about the .01 percent. I have 450 feedback on eBay and probably double that many transactions as both buyer and seller. I've had two crappy experiences out of probably close to 1,000.

cool deal. like previously mentioned, 10% ebay fees, 3% PP fees & shipping the goods out should be accounted for. Even in the top line items that you would sell of that number has to be right around $200 total.

cool deal. like previously mentioned, 10% ebay fees, 3% PP fees & shipping the goods out should be accounted for. Even in the top line items that you would sell of that number has to be right around $200 total.
Do you by chance post on avsforum?

I ordered the deal 1 with intel guts.

Basically an almost free i7-7700k upgrade for my computer once it's all said and done.

I've already got someone buying the other parts and my old CPU locally, so I don't need to worry about shipping/PP fee's on that.

Last edited:
I ordered the deal 1 with intel guts.

Basically an almost free i7-7700k upgrade for my computer once it's all said and done.

I've already got someone buying the other parts and my old CPU locally, so I don't need to worry about shipping/PP fee's on that.
Mind posting your part details?

Back