How to force a TV upgrade with VR Rift

I am afraid of doing this due to the placement of the tv and the VR playfield. Woooo bummer.

I was thinking about putting up some type of long gate with padding in front of the tv/monitors. I am glad I didn't hit my 4K monitor.....

A lot of TV's get upgraded due to Wii's too... At least u didn't punch it due to a spook commercial

Ha!

My fucking monitor slipped off my desk a few weeks back and I white I caught it with the palm of my hand, my wedding band destroyed it.

Thank god for credit card extended warranties and questionable repair quotes....

It was only 1080 so no real loss.... :) And a few years old.

Ouch! This is why you want a lot of clear space in any melee-centric VR game, right here. It's the Wiimote TV destruction stories all over again!

I actually did hit my monitor the first day I had my Oculus Touch controllers while playing Gorn, but since the monitor in question is an old Sun GDM-5410 CRT and I hit it from the top, it wasn't any worse for wear. This thing's probably going to die of a blown flyback like my beloved GDM-FW900 long before I punch it out in VR.

Seriously, though, if you've got a display in the room, make sure it's at arm's length past your Chaperone/Guardian boundary, if not more! It's distressingly easy to exceed said boundaries in the heat of the moment.

Ouch! This is why you want a lot of clear space in any melee-centric VR game, right here. It's the Wiimote TV destruction stories all over again!

I actually did hit my monitor the first day I had my Oculus Touch controllers while playing Gorn, but since the monitor in question is an old Sun GDM-5410 CRT and I hit it from the top, it wasn't any worse for wear. This thing's probably going to die of a blown flyback like my beloved GDM-FW900 long before I punch it out in VR.

Seriously, though, if you've got a display in the room, make sure it's at arm's length past your Chaperone/Guardian boundary, if not more! It's distressingly easy to exceed said boundaries in the heat of the moment.
It is past the boundary. But it's more fun to push those boundaries.(and more expensive).
My desk is also in front of the TV. I just need more room. I need to move it into the living room.
The wife laughed at me when I said we need to move the bed for my Oculus...... So rude! :)

oh no!!! My first day with my vive, i broke a lamp playing Rec Room throwing a frisbee to a little boy lol. #feelsbadman

Back