How to find if there is domain squatting, or get a domain that "appears" taken..but..

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
The other cybersquatting thread got me to this question.....

I have a client, his wife owns a high end interior decorating company in NYC, their website is current "blahblah.BIZ"....but cause "blahblah.com" is not available.

If you go to www.blahblah.com it goes to one of those rather generic search sites you often stumble on when you type in a domain that doesn't exist.

She had been trying to get this domain for a few years, guess her current website designer got no where. So her husband asked me. I'm not up on domain/website stuff..but figured I'd look into it.

Guessing it was squatted? If so, how to approach...I'm sure she has the money to purchase it.

Doing to dnsstuff tools...
typing in the domain reveals...
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Dates: Created 28-nov-1999 Updated 07-nov-2007 Expires 28-nov-2008
DNS Servers: NS1.DSREDIRECTION.COM NS2.DSREDIRECTION.COM

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: blahblah.COM
Created on: 28-Nov-99
Expires on: 28-Nov-08
Last Updated on: 07-Nov-07

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration *************@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration *************@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.DSREDIRECTION.COM
NS2.DSREDIRECTION.COM

The only e-mail I can find in the info is based on the domain name...
[email protected]

So guess I'll try sending one there....perhaps I'll wait til after Nov28th...in hopes they don't re-new it.

I did. ;) "blahblah" is not the actual domain.
The actual domain name I can see as being popular, and didn't feel like encouraging further name stealing from a smart alek on the boards here. :D

I would also contact GoDaddy. They will likely be more responsive than the owner. They may be able to assist you in acquiring this domain.

yeolde good luck.

i tried to buy a .com name for my dentist client that was just parked, emailed hte guy, got response back next day, he told me 6g. i asked him to be reasonable how bout 500 and he said no

Negative....I'm in a holding pattern til the expiration data on Nov 28th. I'm hoping if I lay low...they may not see activity or interest in this domain name..and possibly not renew it by the 28th...or immediately after.

If I see it renewed..I'll try to contact/approach.

Maybe I should buy it.and sell it to this client. She's got major..MAJOR bucks. :D Probably every single person on this board has consumed one of their products. ;)

Back