how to export .exe from visual studio

daroy99

Weaksauce
Just finished up my latest c++ project for electrical engineering :rolleyes: , and i was wondering if there is a way to export the .exe from visual studio 6.0. I see the .dsp and bulid files, and it says it links and makes a .exe but I can't find it in the root directory.

The default build location is /yourprojectname/bin/release or /bin/debug (depending on whether you did a release or debug build)

It also depends on managed code or not; directly in yourproject\debug or yourproject\release if you've got native code.

He said Visual C++ 6, which, if I remember correctly, doesn't have that managed/unmanaged stuff.

Oh, sorry; I didn't see VC+ 6 specified.

Given that, though, how do you get the bin\directory as default in VC 6? That's never happened to me in that release.

It should just be in the project folder after the build, check your settings to see if you modified something or to get the exact path. I no longer use 6 so I couldn't tell you precisely... Not to be judgmental but you're going to die in EE if you have trouble exporting a binary! :p

Back