How to Disable Windows 10 Bass Limiter?

:-)

n00b
How can I disable bass limiter? Songs with good bass if I use 50% or 100% VOL are same loud. Can I remove or disable it anyway and get more juice out?

I dont know that it does do what you are asking.
Have you set your output to full range?

I prefer not to use the Windows mixer for music because it reduces detail substantially.
I use Foobar 2000 and WASAPI plugin to bypass it.

try this or update your drivers and try it again.

upload_2017-3-20_12-29-48.png

I dont know that it does do what you are asking.
Have you set your output to full range?

I prefer not to use the Windows mixer for music because it reduces detail substantially.
I use Foobar 2000 and WASAPI plugin to bypass it.

Do you think I still need these plugins if I don't use int. sound card? I use Uni Xonar drivers. This problem is only with hard bass songs.

Edit: I use headphones maybe I need headphones amp? My headphones use 40ohm and with 40mm elements

Last edited:
Do you think I still need these plugins if I don't use int. sound card? I use Uni Xonar drivers. This problem is only with hard bass songs.

Edit: I use headphones maybe I need headphones amp? My headphones use 40ohm and with 40mm elements
What makes you think Windows is limiting bass?

If you have Realtek (with Realtek drivers installed, not Microsoft default), set the equalizer to Powerful. Sounds much better to me. Better bass and treble.

no not really. his prob is most likely the drivers/software for the xonar.
have you updated those?

Windows has no "bass limiter" in it by default, it would have to be something related to the sound card/chip control software - as noted in the pic above the only "enhancements" that the Windows audio subsystem offers are those listed and those are not enabled by default (and it's a Bass Boost anyway and not a limiter).

To be perfectly honest if you're detecting the sound level aka the volume is the same from 50% to 100% that more than likely means the original audio file is super-boosted "loudness war" candidate stuff and probably (not not always) sounds like shit to begin with so it's overloading the audio circuit before you even get to the 50% level. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I'll happen upon a YouTube video or something else these days where if I don't have MY volume set to like 5% or whatever before I press Play I'll end up regretting it.

People need to really turn shit down, seriously. Your ears a few decades from now (or even sooner) will thank you, and if you're having trouble hearing bass and treble in degrees where you actually do have to boost it with whatever "enhancements" your sound card software offers, it's probably too late.

As luck would have it, just saw this a few moments ago after I submitted the post:

LOUDSOUND.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to get dts/dd looped through my tv and found this. maybe your headphones have the same "enhancement". make sure its off or disable all.

upload_2017-3-21_11-36-14.png

Back