how to disable 'wake up' user login screen?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Harkamus, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Harkamus

Harkamus [H]ardness Supreme

OK, this has just recently started happening to my computer. Basically, after my computer goes on stand by, I get the user login screen thing where I have to click on the user profile. I am running XP and this has never happened before. I'm also the only user so it's quite annoying. Sometimes I have to wait for my LCD to refresh for like 30 seconds. Pretty insane. I have no spyware whatsoever on my PC. In fact, this only started happening after I installed the beta for Microsoft Antispyware. Ironic, eh? I had Lavasoft's Adaware installed as well...just wanted to compare which was better. I also have Norton Antivirus and Firewall installed.

Anyways, I uninstalled MS Antispyware thinking that was the culprit. Still, no go. Any suggestions?

2. Direwolf20

Direwolf20 2[H]4U

I get this too, and just thought it was normal. I think I started getting it when I put a password on my user account, but I may be wrong on that.

3. djnes

djnes [H]ard as it Gets

It actually is normal I believe....at least for XP Pro. It's a security feature.

4. hulksterjoe

hulksterjoe older and wiser now

I think you can stop this ..from the desktop .. right click>properties>screensaver>power>advanced> unclick prompt for password when resuming..

Sorry I'm at work and cant test this.

5. Herulach

Herulach Gawd

Hulkster said it, its in your screensaver options.

6. rcolbert

rcolbert Gawd

Sounds like you also have the welcome screen enabled (and possibly fast user switching). I'd disable both of those as well.

7. Harkamus

Harkamus [H]ardness Supreme

Ah, thanks! Man, sometimes I have my noob moments. Can't believe I didn't think of this.

8. djnes

djnes [H]ard as it Gets

Harkamus, just a friendly heads-up that sigs are limited to 10 lines....might want to take out the double spacing before a mod does it for you with some unwanted changes.