How to disable bloom & hdr?

einer2060

Limp Gawd
How to disable bloom and hdr in nvidia 600 series (GTX 670 SLI)?

Example:

070119.jpg

Generally, you don't want to disable HDR since it's a really nice effect. A little bloom is okay, but sometimes it can be excessive (e.g. 100 times the expected bloom, due to a bug, etc). Some games allow you to dial-down the bloom in the game Options. Have you tried that?

They are game-specific. Some are in menus, others are commands.
In Crysis 2, open the console and type +r_Glow=0

(Found via googling "How to turn off Bloom in Crysis 2". Use similar searches)

Bloom and HDR aren't hardware of video card features. They are game engine features. So unless the game engine has a setting to change them or turn them off you can't.

Well you can, but that would require standard game-hacking and would get you banned really quickly from multi-player games due to anti-cheat engines.

Complete agree with you on this one, OP. WoW used to call this "Full Screen Glow" and that's exactly what bloom is.

Reminds me of the games that hit right when the 360 and PS3 were released. Everything was so bloom-heavy that I wanted to poke out my eyes.

Everything was so bloom-heavy that I wanted to poke out my eyes.

Thats the problem, some may like bloom or hdr, but it is a killer.

Every game should have disable hdr and bloom options than.

So AMD Radeon GPUs have the same amount of bloom and hdr?

Thats the problem, some may like bloom or hdr, but it is a killer.

Every game should have disable hdr and bloom options than.

So AMD Radeon GPUs have the same amount of bloom and hdr?

not only for performance reasons, but also because one can barely see what he's shooting at with heavy bloom and hdr on. not to mention motion blur. people are whining about lcd monitor lag blurring their screen, but use motion blur, that's a bit beyond me :p

Back