How to differentiate between MSI GS63VR vs the max q version?

lachdanan

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I am looking to get the new max q version with GTX 1060 but it's so confusing to find. The model numbers don't make sense to me.

Is there a max q version with GTX 1060? Ideally with 32gb memory and 4K display if possible, if not then 1080p is ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

I would call XoticPC. Their customer service is great and they should be able to help you.

I don't believe there is a max-q 1060, they just released the 1070 max-q here recently.

The primary difference is the max-q is designed to stop pushing at that peak performance per watt in the bell curve vs just the full performance of the card. That makes them a little slower, but much less power hungry. Because of the performance loss, if you were going to get a 1060 max-q, you might as well just get a 1050ti instead.

I don't believe there is a max-q 1060, they just released the 1070 max-q here recently.

The primary difference is the max-q is designed to stop pushing at that peak performance per watt in the bell curve vs just the full performance of the card. That makes them a little slower, but much less power hungry. Because of the performance loss, if you were going to get a 1060 max-q, you might as well just get a 1050ti instead.

There is actually. I was surprised myself. The new Dell 7577 has a MaxQ 1060. Just in case you haven't seen this..http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-15-7577-laptop?~ck=mn

Last edited:
Wow, thats strange. There are Max-q models, but even Nvidia doesn't show anything about them... Fricken fail on Nvidia's part it seems.

No doubt! I've contacted them and their aware of this. Expect an update on their site soon.

Back