HOW to Delete blank torrent file from desktop

zhanzz2

n00b
I downloaded a torrent file off of a website and it created the actual file that I used to download the file I wanted, but it also created this blank file on my desktop.

There is a file name "[TorrentReactor.to] - [prv net pl] STOYA Katsumi Katsuni Video Nasty 4.torrent " on my windows vista 64 business computer. When I try to delete it, I get a message that says:

"Could not find this item"

This is no longer located in *** Verify the item's location and try again.

The file is 0 bytes, and any attempt to move it from my desktop or to delete it brings up an error that says that the item could not be found. It says I need to verify the item's location and try again. I cannot rename the file or edit it in any way.

How do I get rid of this blank file?

I thought that the reason I couldn't delete the blank file was because I had already deleted the actual torrent file (the one used to start downloading the torrent in my torrent client).

Well, this wasn't the case, as I re downloaded the torrent file and attempted to delete the blank file. When I drag the blank file to the recycle bin, it doesn't go anywhere, but the actual torrent file (the one used to start the download) gets deleted instead (even though I did nothing to it!)

This is the third party program i had try

Chkdsk GUI - never solve
Unlocker - not support
Emco Move On Boot - can't deleted
UnlockIt - can't deleted
FreeFile - can't deleted

Also Command Prompt

cmd

In the command window:

del C:\Users\Eyecan~1\Desktop\[Torre~1

Result : Could not find this item

Pls Help me, Tq

Stoya? uhh she is a naughty girl ;)

well that is certainly odd,
normally all you need to do is close your torrent client (like utorrent) and delete the file
or delete the file via your torrent client.

might want to try using another OS, do u have dual boot or something? you could also use a Linux LiveCD
you can boot from there and delete that file (just make sure, you set NTFS support on your Linux )

"[TorrentReactor.to] - [prv net pl] STOYA Katsumi Katsuni Video Nasty 4.torrent "

Brutal honesty, I love it. I didn't even have to make the pr0n joke!

On a serious note, you can try deleteing it with a Live OS such as Knoppix or a WinPE build.

http://www.knoppix.net/get.php

You can get it via FTP or BitTorrent, burn the image to a disk throw it in your computer boot from it. Go find the file in question, if it is there you'll need to mount your harddrive as read/write (Knoppix by default only mounts drives in read-only mode) by right clicking the drive on the desktop and selecting mount as writable or read/write (I forget what it actually says but you get the idea.) then try deleting the file. Once your done shutdown and reboot normally.

Boot into the LiveOS.
Navigate to the Windows installation filesystem. Apparently you'll want to find the /Documents and settings/Administrator/Desktop/ or wherever the file is.

Delete the file.

Back