How to deal with Non paying bidders on ebay?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I had two auctions one guy has Zero feedback and didn't pay for a motherboard combo.

So do I open a case in the Resolution center after 2 day will I be refunded money from the Final Value Fee which was 10% of the auction listing.

I never tried this before cause I didn't know how it worked.

I read that other Sellers on ebay create fake account to disturb business and cause Havok on other Sellers to waste your time and money.

Next time around I'm going to Block this guy and delete any Bidders who have Zero Feedback.

I haven't used ebay in years but last time I sold basically they just restarted the auction for me. No fee's from the first sale, did it all over again and the fee's came for the sale that actually happened. If he didn't pay and you took the item off ebay I think you'd only be on the hook for listing fee's, but not 100% sure.

The listing fee was Free I had like 50 free insertions it's just the Final Value Credit Fee which is 10% of the auction or 20.00 or so....I read it takes 24 hours to get back.

I'll try it out when two days have gone by....

All fees will be refunded as long as you stick to your guns and report it as unpaid. If you wimp out and go with "we both agreed to cancel the deal" I am not sure if you get fees back.

I excluded Foreign bidders but that is far as I went ebay has a check box now if you want to ship international.
I see why people rant about Zero feedback bidders. Cause they don't exist just made up accounts...

Ok waited 48 hours Reported the idiot Buyer with zero feedback put him on a block list.
Now I have to wait 4 more days to get the Final Value Credit back. Man this is tedious.
If you put on Unpaid Item Assistant it does the same thing just automatically you still need to wait those entire 6 days...

I thought you couldn't register on ebay unless you have a Credit Card...

Finally got credited back my 20 dollars after a Week of waiting what a waste of time....
I relisted it and sold it while I was waiting took a chance that the other guy was a deadbeat.
Sold it in 15 minutes with buy it now with a reduced price.

I have lots of shit I want to sell but don't know if I should bother like would like to get rid of some of my 60hz monitors.

a) Always crank up your bidder requirements to as high as ebay will let you go.
b) I usually send a message after 24 hour of no payment and let ebay's system automatically open an unpaid item case after 48 hours.

If you require PayPal you cut out 99.99% of the BS

But if you use paypal as a seller, you tend to get fucked repeatedly.

But if you use paypal as a seller, you tend to get fucked repeatedly.

It is a very predictable fucking though...

These idiots who come in and bork up your auction are another thing altogether.

It's surprising that a competitor to Ebay has not come along considering how greedy they have become.

You should be able to select a feedback amount that buyers are required to have to purchase from you. Or that's how it used to be anyway. The bad thing is all of us whom use ebay started at the same thing: 0 feedback.

You can't block people with 0 feedback. You can only choose between -1, -2, or -3. I just looked to make sure this was correct.

Also, you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, period.
If someone doesn't pay, you can't leave any feedback.
If you leave a positive, but rip them, you can get in trouble.

It's a no win situation.

I use eBay infrequently now-a-days, and mostly as a buyer.

Most of my hardware sales I handle through HardForum, essentially because I feel the guys are more honest. I've never had a problem on HardForum.

Anyway, I have come to sending ebay emails nearly always to the sellers, offering a purchase price rather than auction or buy-it-now price.

I nearly always get immediate response and a price well below the asking price. Plus you get to communicate a bit with the seller.:D

But I agree, not being able to leave negative or neutral feedback on eBay is a bad deal. You will never weed out the douchebags.

You can't block people with 0 feedback. You can only choose between -1, -2, or -3. I just looked to make sure this was correct.

Also, you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, period.
If someone doesn't pay, you can't leave any feedback.
If you leave a positive, but rip them, you can get in trouble.

It's a no win situation.

Last time I sold on eBay (last summer), I could select to refuse bids on people with less than 5 or 10 feedbacks, including the negative number feedbacks.

Last time I sold on eBay (last summer), I could select to refuse bids on people with less than 5 or 10 feedbacks, including the negative number feedbacks.

That's what I was talking about. They probably took that option away though. Fits with seller protection that is half assed.

I had two auctions one guy has Zero feedback and didn't pay for a motherboard combo.

So do I open a case in the Resolution center after 2 day will I be refunded money from the Final Value Fee which was 10% of the auction listing.

I never tried this before cause I didn't know how it worked.

I read that other Sellers on ebay create fake account to disturb business and cause Havok on other Sellers to waste your time and money.

Next time around I'm going to Block this guy and delete any Bidders who have Zero Feedback.

There is an option when you sell something on ebay to combat that. I don't remember what it is called, but I think its supposed to block anyone with 0 feedback. I had that happen to me a few years ago when I was trying to sell my 5870 videocards.

I use eBay infrequently now-a-days, and mostly as a buyer.

Most of my hardware sales I handle through HardForum, essentially because I feel the guys are more honest. I've never had a problem on HardForum.

Anyway, I have come to sending ebay emails nearly always to the sellers, offering a purchase price rather than auction or buy-it-now price.

Sorry for asking this if you think you're made that clear already. Do you mean email the ebay seller for a purchase price?

Sorry for asking this if you think you're made that clear already. Do you mean email the ebay seller for a purchase price?

He means he sends an offer to the seller. You can also set this up on auctions if you want.. it is called "best offer"

But if they don't have that on there, then you can just send them a "question" through Ebay and make an offer.

Yeah after Ebay started doing this I had a whole lot of people winning auctions and not paying and Ebay dicking around with refunds, I finally just cancelled my Ebay account, which I had opened way back when they first got started. More trouble than its worth.

There is an option when you sell something on ebay to combat that. I don't remember what it is called, but I think its supposed to block anyone with 0 feedback. I had that happen to me a few years ago when I was trying to sell my 5870 videocards.

There is no option to block buyers with 0 feedback, you are completely and without a doubt, Wrong.

I write in all my auctions that payment must be made within 24 hours of auction close or item will be relisted. It still doesn't stop these scumbags! I once spoke with a seller who writes this HUGE wall of text about being a serious buyer; he said to me it has worked out great for him. Never got that far myself; he came off as a "ranting" type both over the phone and in the auction description.

I just deal with it, eBay will refund you after a week or so for the item fees with no recorded payment; obnoxious but what can you do.

Tip: When the auction ends and you send an invoice, eBay provides you with 1 screen where you can see the bidder's phone number; it's hard to find this info later so copy/paste it somewhere if you have the time. 90% of time no one picks up the call but I've had one or two where I got through to the person which turned out to be a positive thing.

It is a very predictable fucking though...

These idiots who come in and bork up your auction are another thing altogether.

It's surprising that a competitor to Ebay has not come along considering how greedy they have become.

What about the guys who wait 179 days to break the item they bought and then say it was sent to them broken and they want a full refund?

I never, let me repeat never sell on ebay now. There is no protection for sellers now you are screwed as soon as the buyer complains, if you refund the price you still loose money because the people can say anything and win the seller just is unprotected every time.
I at one time made good money on ebay not now, I have sold items and the buyer waited 2 weeks to contact me saying they didn't know if I sold a cheap laptop without the promise of recovery cds or even if stated not included it is my fault they didn't read it. Let me tell you when you sell a laptop for $50 dollars the person shouldn't think they bought anything not listed or shown. Heaven help you if selling parts as well.
I had people burn up stuff I sent to them packed well and working great and they killed it and got a refund.

I lost both times because pay pal refunded both, instantly and one came back broken the other didn't come back at all.
Don't sell on ebay, sell on craigslist or facebook locally see the person face to face and don't pay online you will make money with less headaches.

I never, let me repeat never sell on ebay now. There is no protection for sellers now you are screwed as soon as the buyer complains, if you refund the price you still loose money because the people can say anything and win the seller just is unprotected every time.
I at one time made good money on ebay not now, I have sold items and the buyer waited 2 weeks to contact me saying they didn't know if I sold a cheap laptop without the promise of recovery cds or even if stated not included it is my fault they didn't read it. Let me tell you when you sell a laptop for $50 dollars the person shouldn't think they bought anything not listed or shown. Heaven help you if selling parts as well.
I had people burn up stuff I sent to them packed well and working great and they killed it and got a refund.

I lost both times because pay pal refunded both, instantly and one came back broken the other didn't come back at all.
Don't sell on ebay, sell on craigslist or facebook locally see the person face to face and don't pay online you will make money with less headaches.

You never should have given your buyer 2 weeks to pay. If your buyer dosen't pay within 2 days, open an unpaid case on them immediately and relist. Another big problem I noticed that you made is that you sold your laptop for way, way less then you should have. Ebay attracts legions of cheapskate buyers that want a steal of a deal and that are low class type people. Low prices nets you low class customers. I have sold over 200 Items on ebay ranging anywhere from 7 dollars to 460 dollars, and the only cases where I have ever gotten neutral or negative feedback is on item's less than 15 dollars. If you sell items too cheap like you did then you will get flaky impulse buyers, instead of buyers who know what they want and are willing to pay what it costs to get it.

maybe I just don't know how to sell on ebay, it use to be if you sold something and well documented everything, and sold it for a good going rate it either sold or didn't now days ebay is full of non-paying bidders or it just isn't worth selling I do better else where.

good luck my friend.

Back