how to convert chinese vista to english

ipam45

Gawd
i have asked this before but i can't seem to find the thread...anyways.

i got a copy of vista ultimate from China...a legitmate copy...not a pirated copy. but it's in chinese and i want to change the desktop and menus to English. i can't update to SP1 becasue it's not the five language that it requires.

i figured out that Vista MUI would do the trick but i have no idea how to "turn" it on or utilize it.

for those that have done this before, can you give me some instruction on how to do this.

Thanks

Control panel, clock language (picture of the clock and earth), regional and language (earth) then select English. See if that works. All 4 tabs have settings to be changed to USA or English.

i just don't see the option for it to be changed to english. i think i need to install the language pack first but it doesn't seem to be installed and i have downloaded a few packs and it still won't install.

I don't believe you can do it from inside Vista. I almost bought an Asus laptop here in Taiwan. It came in Chinese, but the people there showed me that when you put the install disc in and install Vista, you get the option for language.

Basically, you have to reinstall and choose English, then it will install the English OS. Worked on my girlfriend's computer (she did buy an Asus laptop here in Taiwan).

thank you dr,

that's what i was hoping for but apperantly this install disc only lets you choose chinese at the option.

If you could get an english version of the install media, you should be able to use your serial number to install the OS.

Back