How to connect 5 devices to VCC on Arduino for 3D printed mouse?

sed8em

2[H]4U
I'm in the process of assembling an Orbion Space Mouse, https://github.com/FaqT0tum/Orbion_3D_Space_Mouse

I'm a newbie to electronics. The OLED, rotary encoder, 3x rear switches, neopixel, and joystick all connect to the single VCC wire.
How would you go about connecting all of these devices to the single VCC wire? Keep in mind space is tight inside the completed 3D printed space mouse.

Attachments

• orbion_sch.png
    orbion_sch.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 1
It's not gonna be pretty, but if you solder a wire to each of the things, then solder the other end of all those wires together, then electrical tape that, it'll probably work. Depending on your soldering.

I an ideal world, you'd have connectors and a pcb and stuff, but that's probably too much work and you might not have enough space.

Probably a couple of wago connectors. Or a protopcb and just solder them to a bus line on there so you can still remove individual connections. Might be able to find a terminal block that fits in there as well.

They have a discord server as well, might be worth hopping in there to see what others did with theirs.

Yeah, sounds like a good cause for a...bus board?

Or you can run a section of wire from vcc to the first component, another section from the first to the second component, second to third, until the last. Then you'd only have max two wires per connection, the catch being the first few sections of wire will be carrying much more current than the last few...but may not be an issue depending on wire gage.

You could have two wires from vcc, so each chain would be shorter, too.

I went with your suggestion. I attached two red wires to VCC on the Pro Micro board, and one wire went to the OLED + rotary encoder, and the second red wire went to the RGB strip and joystick sensor. That way the amps were kept lower.

IMG_1728.jpg

Back