How to configure the Mid HDD fan inside the case?

cemster

n00b
Hello,

I have a Cooler Master Cosmos II case.

I am not sure how to configure the mid HDD fan. Should I blow towards the HDDs or the opposite?

Ideally, I want to cool down the HDDs, but I am worried to blow hot air from the case.

I do have three outtakes: 2 x 120 mm fans on the top and a 140 mm rear stock fan. And 2 x front fans: the 140 mm stock fan and I added a 120 mm fan below the front fan. They blow directly onto the top HDD cage. I also installed 2 x 120 mm bottom HDD fans. They blow onto the bottom HDD cage from the side.
So, the one last fan I want to install is the mid HDD fan marked with the red arrow.

But I am confused about how I should configure that one. What would you suggest?

Thank you

Attachments

• mid fan.jpg
    mid fan.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 0
leave it the way it is. it will draw a little fresh air front the front.

But do you think would that contribute to the cooling of the HDDs? Because they get hot. I have 5 drives in that cage.

But do you think would that contribute to the cooling of the HDDs? Because they get hot. I have 5 drives in that cage.
You will have more are being pulled through than if you flipped and tried to push it through, so yes, it should be better. If you had a shroud to keep air from escaping around the drives it might do better the other way.

it will help a bit. there isnt much room in between them. better than trying to push air into them, since most of it would just hit the side of the hdds.

Got it.

So, by the way, is there any better way to somehow manage the heat of those HDDs? Because they get over 50 celsius with that front stock fan alone.

Got it.

So, by the way, is there any better way to somehow manage the heat of those HDDs? Because they get over 50 celsius with that front stock fan alone.
stock fan, the arctic one? not really, maybe a faster fan. any room below in the psu area?

No, the stock fan I mentioned is the case exhaust fan on the rear. (Cooler Master)
The artic 120mm one is the one I added... No room at the bottom I do have room for 2 x 120mm fans on the side panel. but they are not aligned with the top HDDs...

Attachments

• fan3.jpg
    fan3.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 0
No, the stock fan I mentioned is the case exhaust fan on the rear. (Cooler Master)
The artic 120mm one is the one I added... No room at the bottom I do have room for 2 x 120mm fans on the side panel. but they are not aligned with the top HDDs...
oh. yeah, try upgrading it and add a side one.

You mean upgrade the rear exhaust fan or the front fan or both? (both are stock fans)
And the side panel fan I mentioned should be intake right? Remember though, I have 2x120mm intake artic fans also on the side and they blow directly onto the bottom HDDs.

Attachments

• mid fan.jpg
    mid fan.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 0
You mean upgrade the rear exhaust fan or the front fan or both? (both are stock fans)
And the side panel fan I mentioned should be intake right? Remember though, I have 2x120mm intake artic fans also on the side and they blow directly onto the bottom HDDs.
sure, try it all. the only way youre going to cool them down is with more airflow.

Back