How to configure DD-WRT router as a wireless/lan bridge

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Wolfmyst, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Wolfmyst

Wolfmyst [H]Lite

I'm running a clark connect box, and would like all computers on my network use it's assigned IP addresses. I've been trying to figure out how to make my DD-WRT'd linksys router to not assign its own addresses. I've tried disabling DHCP, and changing the WAN port to a switch port. No luck so far. Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to get this working before I give pfsense a try.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat [H]ardForum Junkie

3. Wolfmyst

Wolfmyst [H]Lite

Yes the help section in DD-WRT is definitely more helpful. I was able to at one point actually get one of the computers to have the clark-connect's ip addresses. I will try again and see if I can report back any errors in more detail.

4. Wolfmyst

Wolfmyst [H]Lite

I've tried pretty much everything that I could think of and I still can't get it to work right. I have disabled DHCP as well as the DHCP option is the services tab (in administration I think). I set the router as DHCP forwarder, and set the DHCP address as the clarkconnect router. The router is connected via one of the regular ports, NOT the WAN port. Doing all of this allows my test computer to get and IP address from where I want, the clarkconnect box, and not the linksys router. However it can't ping the clarkconnect box, which I can't see how if it is able ot get an IP address. It also can't go on the internet either.

Any thoughts anyone?